Why do I want to try to be alive?

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Why do I want to try to be alive?

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Why do I want to try to be alive? I am trying to come up with a vision to motivate and guide me. Life is full of pain and confusion. I try to help others with what little I have figured out about a life of depression and anxiety. There are people in my life that would resist my pushing them away, so I must have some value to them. What will I see if I try to stay alive? I am thinking so hard and my head hurts. My limbs feel shaky.

Maybe that is it - I try to help others with what little I have figured out about a life of depression and anxiety. Somehow I make connections with people, in spite of myself.

My six-year-old-self, inside me, hates to be woken up just to be jostled and dragged through a painful and confusing world. It takes so much energy to be present and a loving parent to the six-year-old-self inside me, to be my own loving parent.

I better enter a meditative state and control my breathing, to bring down my anxiety. I am terrified how much I need connections to survive, and how bad I am at making connections - I am so weird and off-putting and intense. I have to fight the pain from making me more self-absorbed.

I am so good at pushing people away and keeping them at a distance, and I long for something different. I get so irritated so quickly.

I made a lot of mistakes, and I seem to be making fewer mistakes as time goes on. Maybe learning to make fewer mistakes is something to keep me pressing on.

I will get better, and my ego will diminish with time, as well.

[1] try to help others with what little I have figured out about a life of depression and anxiety

[2] make connections and sustain current connections

[3] make fewer mistakes over time

[4] diminish ego over time

[5] do the above, even though it is scary and feels unnatural to me
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Intentshitty

Re: Why do I want to try to be alive?

Post by Intentshitty »

" I am so weird and off-putting and intense. I have to fight the pain from making me more self-absorbed.

I am so good at pushing people away and keeping them at a distance, and I long for something different. I get so irritated so quickly.

I made a lot of mistakes, and I seem to be making fewer mistakes as time goes on. Maybe learning to make fewer mistakes is something to keep me pressing on.

I will get better, and my ego will diminish with time, as well."

I relate to that a lot. I am too intense for myself right now, I am exhausted from being irritated or mad all the time, I just want to hide in my bed. I am new to the podcast and it's helping me see things more clearly,
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello Intentshitty. Welcome to our little forum! :D :D :D

I am feeling better now. When I get worked up, I give myself permission to really slow things down. My parents made fun of me for being slow as a child, but now I am a loving parent to myself and I give myself permission to feel less anxious by really slowing things down and taking things 5 seconds at a time.

Please take care, Intentshitty, all the best. We here are cheering for you and for your greatest today and tomorrow.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
GuyIncognito

Post by GuyIncognito »

I am terrified how much I need connections to survive, and how bad I am at making connections - I am so weird and off-putting and intense. I have to fight the pain from making me more self-absorbed.

This sounds like something ripped out of my own thoughts, albeit not as eloquently. I hope you are able to resolve your problems.

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”