Didn't listen to my body--getting back on track

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
Heatherwantspeace
preferred pronoun: she

Didn't listen to my body--getting back on track

Post by Heatherwantspeace »

Well, I've been down for two days and I was so happy to log on and see everyone sharing and making plans! Yay!

I let myself get run down to the point where I was in the lunchroom with 2 trusted colleagues sharing what had been going through my mind...normal anxiety stuff in my mind but one looked at me and said "Heather, you need some time off". Their puzzled looks and concern were so helpful. I cleaned up the things I had been working on, told my coworker I was going home sick and called in sick for the next day from the car.

We've been transitioning into new schedules at work which is always bumpy but I ended up with scattered days off and not enough time to decompress. I've been eating processed food and skipping exercise to sleep. My partner and I both work unconventional jobs so we often don't have the same day off, sleep schedule or are not even in the same city. Usually I take the time alone as healing and creative time but I really need their support right now so it's been painful to be apart.

I talked to my manager both through email and in person (in response to their "how's it going?") and they respectively didn't reply and walked away without comment. I was trying to soldier through until I had decent time off but this turned out to be a mistake.

Also, there is something on the internet right now that is very triggering and to go to the sites that I love I have to keep seeing it so I just have to stay off most sites.

I've bought groceries, walked the last 2 days, kept off the interwebs last night and today, made meetup plans with a friend, and have a bodywork session tomorrow. I'm feeling hopeful and optimistic again and will go over my work schedule to see if it's doable and what my options are. I got some books by Yumi Sakugawa because of Oak's helpful link and they look delicious!

Heather
oak

Re: Didn't listen to my body--getting back on track

Post by oak »

Excellent. You are doing everything right:

Using your voice
Talking to your boss (this can be the difference between wellness and not)
Getting more and better food
Steering clear of internet drama

Also, I’m glad my cultural suggestion proved interesting!

Likewise, I encourage you (and everyone) to re-read Hyperbole and a Half.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”