COVID: Intrusive thoughts (3) I'd like to get out. Thanks!

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
oak

COVID: Intrusive thoughts (3) I'd like to get out. Thanks!

Post by oak »

1 of 3 Intrusive thoughts:

I think I had COVID a month ago.

I was in the ER a month ago for "chest/abdominal pains" (hmmmm), and two days later (circa March 2) I had shortness of breath for about a week. I certainly noticed it, but didn't mention it to anyone. It went away after a week and I've felt fine since.

A week ago I ended up in the ER again, due to a car wreck. The kind doctor said the main symptom of COVID to precipitate an ER visit was shortness of breath.

I have felt "crazy" (I don't like that word, but it is how I felt) to suspect I had COVID before it was supposed to be in my state.

I fully recognize it I could still get it for real. But I've had this nagging suspicion that I had it a month ago today.

This is really difficult to use my words with.

I feel a little better having talked with a friend today: she also ended up in the ER a month ago for "bronchitis/pneumonia" (hmmmm) and wonders if she, also, had it before it was """officially""" here.

I really hate pejorative words like "nuts" or "crazy", but in a moment of just saying what I'm feeling: am I nuts?
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Beany Boo
Issues: Risk averse, conversation difficulty, relationship difficulty
preferred pronoun: He/him

Re: COVID: Intrusive thoughts (3) I'd like to get out. Thank

Post by Beany Boo »

Inasmuch as you’re feeling overwhelmed, yes. You’ll need to do or seek some mental health first aid. And then talk more openly about what’s going on for you. And be the thing you’re afraid to be. For me, that’s being a burden on others. That’s the fear for me anyway. But I have to if I’m going to make healthy attachments?
Mr (blue) B. Boo

‘Out of nowhere the mind comes forth.’ - Zen koan

‘Let go or be dragged.’ - Zen proverb

‘Knowing how to yield is strength.’ - Laozi
oak

Re: COVID: Intrusive thoughts (3) I'd like to get out. Thank

Post by oak »

Thanks Beany Boo. I really appreciate your advice.

I’ll try some “mental first aid” (a delightful idea I had not previously considered!) and post here with an update.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”