Bookending: HALT Saturday.

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
oak

Bookending: HALT Saturday.

Post by oak »

Hi friends. I don't want to post this, so it is all the more important I do. I am only as sick as my secrets.

It is noon on Saturday, and I am HALT and overwhelmed with a "to do" list.

I have about two hours, total, of work to do, which I don't mind, or that I say I don't mind. I want to have that responsibility wrapped up by 4, so I can take care of myself and enjoy myself the rest of the weekend.

There is much more I could say, but until I post in about six hours, I am enough.

btw, it seems hopeless that I can acheive my goals:

1. Wrap up work stuff
2. Self care
3. Get books out from library (this is really important for sleeping habit reasons. And joy.)
4. Get some enchiladadas rojas (with plenty of rice!) and soapaillas.

While craving sweet things is nothing new since getting sober, since I've changed careers and industries the last six weeks I am craving rich, fatty, sugary foods. Like soapillas with lots of honey.

I'll post here in about six hours. Wish me luck: I need it!
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Re: Bookending: HALT Saturday.

Post by brownblob »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
You can do this. You are enough whether you get it done or not.
Good Luck
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Oak,

Just saw this... you're probably done by now, hope you're enjoying some time off.

The "to-do" list can be a double-edged sword - it helps to clear the mind of compulsive thoughts and anxiety, but can end up being a monkey on your back.
(It's one of the things I put on my NY2020 list of thoughts.... currently have a bunch of to-do lists on various scraps of paper around the house I need to consolidate...).

Regards

SD
oak

Post by oak »

I made it! Thanks for your encouragement, friends. Thank you for listening.

1. I made it through my freelance difficulty, wrapping up right at 4 pm.

Lesson: I'll be less likely to say "yes", especially for evenings/weekends/holidays.

2. I got the books from the library, and ordered wonderful tacos. I meant to get enchiladas rojas, but it definitely worked out.

I've always been a cold baby, so last month I bought the highest rated thermals on Amazon.

I remember sitting at the restaurant, waiting for the food, and thinking about this post, and your kind replies.

Showered, shaved, and having completed my responsibilities was just very relaxing and satisfying. I knew I'd be eating soon, and having my dear Buspar flowing through my veins.

Of HALT, I resolved the Hunger, wasn't really angry, and got a proper night's sleep to handle the Tiredness. Now, I am still lonely, so this week I resolve to see some cuties at the coffee shop and gym. Maybe I'll even be seen.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”