End of Aug, ongoing: Utilizing help I've been offered.

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
oak

End of Aug, ongoing: Utilizing help I've been offered.

Post by oak »

Hi friends.

In general I am doing well: I have food and housing. That is a real win fall 2020!

With your kind indulgence, as a subsidary to my job search thread, I'd like to post here through the end of August as I make use of the help I've been offered by professionals.

I'll post over the next ten days, with my ups and downs. Thank you very much for the ability to share, and for listening.

1. The categories
2. I can be happy and broken
3. A happy little coda

1. The Categories, with estimated time to complete:

a. Counseling scheduling (1 hour) and beginning (2 hours). I have two methods or means to acquire this counseling. Two professionals recommended this, so it is a top priority.

b.Physical-body: Stretching and balance (15 minutes a day).

c. Apartment decluttering (2 hours) and cleaning. They are inspecting fire alarms next week, which I am fine with, and I want to present a clean, decluttered apartment that I can be proud of.

d. Expanding menu and palette (1 hour), shopping (2 hours?), cooking (I use a slow cooker, so negligible time). First up: rouladen!

e. Primary care physician recommendations: sleep apnea and obesity. This is the second most important, and may not have a clear resolution by the end of August. But I can certainly begin.

2. I can be happy and broken at the same time

As you'll see below, my vibe is good. I've experienced a lot of grief and pain (especially dental) so far in August, and I feel good after feeling bad. Feeling happy and being broken don't have to be mutually exclusive, and one doesn't have to overwhelm the other. I contain multitudes.

3. Happy little coda

At the podiatrist's office this morning, the attractive (and married, sigh) nurse gave unmistakable signals of attraction, and even better, the elderly ladies waiting gave me smiles, and one even gave me a thumbs up. Not that I rely on being noticed, but it certainly makes me feel like I am not alone.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Re: End of Aug, ongoing: Utilizing help I've been offered.

Post by brownblob »

"I can be happy and broken at the same time"
What a great line. I'm glad to hear your vibe is good in this challenging period.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
Heatherwantspeace
preferred pronoun: she

Post by Heatherwantspeace »

I'm happy you felt seen. We all need that. I'm sure those older ladies were delighted with your presence!
I hope you continue to find happiness amongst the rubble that is right now. As always, I am curious how your dinner turned out!
Heather
oak

Post by oak »

Thanks BrownBlob and Heather!

Update:

1. Counseling: I had a wonderful first session with the outstanding counselor I've used before. She has a plan using CBT. She says I have excellent chances for success.

2. Stretching and 5. Primary care physican GERD orders: Oooooh, I've not done this. :(

3. Apartment decluttering: I accomplished this shortly before the inspection. I very much enjoy it!

4.. Expanding palate

The bread pudding was great: like me, it is burnt on the outside and soft and sweet on the inside.
The rouladen was pretty good, but the mustard or pickles gave me horrible GERD/acid reflux hell.

Next up:

Sushi (with cooked salmon)
Injera (an Ethopian flatbread, that has sort of a nutty/earthy/sour scent, but in a good way)

I am intimidated by getting the rice right, and the teff flour heated correctly (injera). Then I remember that hundreds of generations of people have successfully made sushi and injera, and I am a human just like them. I'll be sure to update!
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

awesome as usual
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”