Sunday evening report

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Sunday evening report

Post by rivergirl »

I've received private messages this week from a couple of people asking how I'm doing since I had posted about a difficult weekend (last weekend I think it was.) I seem to be unable to reply privately. My replies get stuck in the outbox and don't show as having been sent. This is kind of awkward but I want to let the people who reached out know that I value their messages, especially during this time when everyone seems to be dealing with extra stress.

This weekend was again a struggle for me with grief and a feeling of not being safe, so the most positive thing I can say about it is that I'm still here. I started to look for a home for my sister's cat yesterday as it seems unlikely my sister will ever live outside of an institutional setting again. I've been doing guided meditations off and on all weekend. I don't know if it helps in any long-term way, but seems to be the only thing that quiets my mind and brings a bit of comfort right now.

Thank you all for being here, and I wish you well this week.

rg
oak

Re: Sunday evening report

Post by oak »

River girl! Thanks for sharing.

Thank goodness you are making it through this weekend. 2020 to 2021 are extremely difficult times, so you are really accomplishing something. It doesn’t make it any easier, though.

Also, good for you for accepting that your sister may never leave an institution. Like weekends, this is a difficult situation that defies easy answers. Or any answer, really.

My guess as to your PM trouble: try deleting some old messages. If I remember correctly there is a limit for total in and out messages, and you may be at that limit.

At any rate, hang in there.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
oak

Post by oak »

River girl!

Any word on how the weekend went, overall?

How is the coming week looking? In addition to the profoundly downer stuff listed above, is there anything else going on that may interfere with enjoying the upcoming weekend?
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Post by brownblob »

Hi River
Glad you made it through the weekend.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”