A day in the life.

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
oak

A day in the life.

Post by oak »

The last 24 hours have had several events of me facing some of the most important topics I face.

If I may offer you a slice of life:

Dancing: Last night I went to a bachata lesson and salsa dance. I certainly noticed one of my classmates. (Redheads: rawr!)

Cherished Food: I've enjoyed the last of my takeout chana masala with jasmine rice.

Housing: I chatted up my apartment manager. While I'd do it anyway, since we're all professionals, it is always good to build relationships.

Dental care: It turns out my dead tooth is just... mostly dead, and a root canal isn't indicated... yet.

And it is most likely caused by grinding, which is a comorbidity of... you guessed it: sleep apnea.

Work: I stopped by to secure a needed errand before WFH ends (they treat me very well; otherwise I'd be deuces).

Buspar Comedy of Errors: I talked with my excellent nurse practitioner to resolve my Buspar shortage. Long story short, CVS messed up my prescribed dose age months ago, and if everything got fixed today (lol) I can get by another three weeks on a median dose of 10 mg most days. I prefer to have 15 mg ready for each day, but here we are.

I encouraged her to "advocate" (read: yell) for me if indicated, as the time for patience is past. She happily agreed.

Why I Say This, Two Reasons

First, I wanted to offer a peek into my life. We live very different lives, but have many of the same themes.

Second, these twenty four hours have had me facing, with various amounts of courage and limited competence, many of the most important things in my life (and each of these is exhausting):

Being around female energy
Work
Dental care and prevention
Buspar
Modern, diverse food (eg culture)
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Re: A day in the life.

Post by rivergirl »

Thank you for sharing, Oak.

I can feel your hope and also your exhaustion in your post. I admire your continued efforts even when it's a struggle.

I hope this weekend is more refreshing than exhausting for you.

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”