Sunday sundries: Celine Dion song, baking soda, Vidalia onion.

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
oak

Sunday sundries: Celine Dion song, baking soda, Vidalia onion.

Post by oak »

Friends!

Here we have a cool, mid-summer Sunday late morning, so I offer the following: a low-key, one sentence summary of my thoughts today.

Baking soda: having gone a long way to cleaning my apartment yesterday, after yesterday's debacle with the dollar store version of Pine Sol (despite excellent ventilation), I'll definitely follow our friend Mental Fairy's advice and use baking soda/vinegar going forward.

Onions: Vidalia onions are transcendent.

Celine Dion song that sounds just as fresh as it did thirty years ago: https://youtu.be/1bKuXbnGDqI

Steak sauce: just because I am a man of simple tastes, that doesn't mean that the tastes themselves are not subtle, complex, and powerful.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Sunday sundries: Celine Dion song, baking soda, Vidalia onion.

Post by Mental Fairy »

Man after my own heart!

I can smell the freshness from the Southern Hemisphere!!!

You are repeating my Sunday Oak. Took all the furniture out of the lounge and vacuumed under everything. Put it all back in a different way to confuse the cat and delight me!
Then made a vegetable lasagna from scratch ready for dinner tonight.
Waking up to not worrying what to cook for the boys and having a clean house is magic.

You really are doing well Oak, it’s like you have stamped your pride in corners of your home and taken ownership of moving forward. Removing the negative and making room for the positive to fill the voids. Looking forward and not backwards.

Proud friend here!
Beany Boo
Issues: Risk averse, conversation difficulty, relationship difficulty
preferred pronoun: He/him

Re: Sunday sundries: Celine Dion song, baking soda, Vidalia onion.

Post by Beany Boo »

Baking soda and vinegar with a tile brush is very effective on lime scale (hard water marks in the shower). Get advice but that is my experience. Plus it’s pleasing to use something that doesn’t smell harmful.

My 2 cents…
Mr (blue) B. Boo

‘Out of nowhere the mind comes forth.’ - Zen koan

‘Let go or be dragged.’ - Zen proverb

‘Knowing how to yield is strength.’ - Laozi

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”