Courage and pluck: trying pizza crusts.

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
oak

Courage and pluck: trying pizza crusts.

Post by oak »

Hi friends.

Having my eyes opened to the magic and joy of olive oil, I am trying to make pizza crusts (well, breadsticks) from the package. A method or means to enjoy my newly-beloved olive oil, and maybe an accompanying tomato sauce to compliment it.

While I adore Bobboli pre-baked crusts jury-rigged into breadsticks, they are expensive. Besides the costs, I want to try to challenge myself in this low-stakes, but not no-stakes, challenge, because:

1. Can I persevere?
2. Can I try new methods?
3. Can I learn from others who have succeeded in this before?
4. Be diligent and creative with my hands?

I’ll either (1) succeed and enjoy breadsticks or (2) fail in my efforts to bake satisfactory breadsticks, but succeed in pushing myself just a little.

My first attempt, a few weeks ago, was a failure since I made them too thick. I can only go up from here.

Updates soon!
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
oak

Re: Courage and pluck: trying pizza crusts.

Post by oak »

Well friends, I have final and definitive word about my skill in making pizza crusts:

I am not good at it.

I have good qualities, and I can focus on those, and finding new skills. Crust making is not one of them.

Sometimes it is okay to let the experts do their thing, and to rely on others.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hi Oak

I have some information for you from my husband. Joe is not a cook, he is very hard on himself. He swears like a sailor in the kitchen even just making toast!

So last night we were talking about pizzas, our sons favourite pizza is a Calzone. Inside out pizza.
Not once has Joe made pizza in his life. You both are so very similar is scary! We don't have a pizza stone as many use to get a good crust. Simply heat a oven tray as hot as possible before putting the pizza onto it. That will bring a nice crisp crust.

Anywho....He is making the pizza from scratch. He even went as far as two trips to the local shop for yeast and some filling ingredients. He got to packs of sausages and squeezed out all the contents into a bowl and turned them into meatballs. Sliced olives and cheeses. The dough was rising and he was like a kid so pleased to see these creations grow. He kneaded the two bowls of dough and let them grow again. Finally our son was coming home from work and was greatly surprised his father had cooked a meal without me, and the fire department!

He made these very amature calzone pizzas, not restaurant quality but he made it with determination and kindness. Kindness to both himself for achieving something he would never ever normally do and to give as a gift to us to enjoy.

When my son got up to put the plates away he said to us...'Pizza is like a person, all different ingredients', but with calzone pizza the best is always on the inside. No matter how different the outside looks to the world'. Amen to that my friend!
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Pizza philosophy is the very best philosophy
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”