I demonstrated courage, even if (I claim) I didn't want to.

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
oak

I demonstrated courage, even if (I claim) I didn't want to.

Post by oak »

Friends, of my three goals for 2022, one is well on its way (sleep apnea), and the second I have a clear plan for (professional movement).

I took action today, much as I protested too much, to effect a friend's suggestion regarding my third goal of being around feminine energy in 2022: I created an dating app profile.

:confusion-helpsos:

Having just discussed my sleep apnea efforts, my friend encouraged me to handle this just like I handled any given fitness or nutrition effort: like my hero Goldilocks, give it a good try and just move on if it doesn't work. No judgment. Or, like or Zen friends might say, let go of the outcome.

Just like when I started facing sleep apnea, I don't know what I'm doing.

I'll keep you all posted, including if I "match".
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Re: I demonstrated courage, even if (I claim) I didn't want to.

Post by Mental Fairy »

Oh I am super excited for this journey. Don’t give away your heart immediately young man! Little bits at a time. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do. Make sure you’re your true self.
Vet her! Make sure she’s nice and she will fit in with our family!!! Oh and don’t chew with your mouth open! Fart only outdoors and check your teeth after dinner but before desert!

To much….. nah! Just be you!

🫶
oak

Post by oak »

Mental Fairy wrote: August 25th, 2022, 9:56 pm Oh I am super excited for this journey.
Thank you, Mental Fairy! I appreciate your encouragement.

It turns out I downloaded and set up a Bumble account. I got two "likes", but couldn't view them without paying.

Once I am cured/mitigated of sleep apnea (please, heaven), I can start to have a lot of fun in 2023.

While I'm open to online dating (I'm making a face), I prefer attraction over promotion (as I've heard in another context). In other words, I hope my fitness and nutrition habits start telling, so young ladies notice me.

Said another way: If I want my Zumba instructor to notice me early next summer (and believe me, I do), then I can make choices now, however delayed and slowly, to attract these beauties this time next year.

Such is my plan.

Perhaps heaven, or my guardian angel*, can set a brother up sometime soon.

* Here is footage of my guardian angel, clearly visible in lane #6, on his way to help me each day:

https://media.giphy.com/media/3osxYz9sSvPoM8IRva/giphy.gif

(Amazingly, this is also footage of me trying to implement a Mediterranean diet, and also trying to save for an emergency fund.)

Lastly, here is footage of my guardian angel carefully watching over me:

https://media.giphy.com/media/4YFcrXwpjeMWk/giphy-downsized-large.gif
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Pretty cool stuff - very best of luck!
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”