New Year's weekend

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

New Year's weekend

Post by rivergirl »

It's the start of another 3-day weekend. I felt cautiously optimistic about getting through it, but the start has been rough. I became ill last night (headache, chills, joint pain). I woke up with the headache still present, rain, gray weather outside and inside my heart.

It's easy for me to feel hopeless and just not wanting to continue my life, but these are the things I'm trying to focus on today:

I'm not necessarily a bad person because I ended up being too alone since my divorce and especially in more recent years as I've lost more people.
I have plans to find more companionship in the new year.
I don't need to expect too much of myself today given that I don't feel well and it's raining so more difficult to be out doing errands.

Thank you for listening. I'll try to post more if my mood is better later today.

I wish everyone a happy new year's eve.

rg
oak

Re: New Year's weekend

Post by oak »

RiverGirl, thank you for posting.

New Year’s, as I’ll post about in a moment in my thread, is a very treacherous holiday, emotionally.

We are here for you, and send encouragement for this long weekend and wishes for a successful 2023.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

I'll try to post more if my mood is better later today.
Bad mood or not, post away. (For reference, see a few of mine ;) )
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

Rivergirl

I hope this forum is helping, we are here to assist in any way we can. Rest up, get some good nutrition in to support the immune system and maybe try something new this month?
oak

Post by oak »

RiverGirl!

How did your New Year’s go?
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Beany Boo
Issues: Risk averse, conversation difficulty, relationship difficulty
preferred pronoun: He/him

Post by Beany Boo »

Have a great year rg.

I hope there is more anger in 2023. Being entitled to it may not make it easy to express. It may create a right-distance though, that improves the signal-to-noise ratio.

Whether they’re a comfort or annoying, may the companions you find enrich your days.
Mr (blue) B. Boo

‘Out of nowhere the mind comes forth.’ - Zen koan

‘Let go or be dragged.’ - Zen proverb

‘Knowing how to yield is strength.’ - Laozi
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by rivergirl »

Thank you, MF, SD, Oak, and Beany.

It was extremely difficult to get through last weekend but there were a couple of bright spots:

Spending Saturday evening having pizza with my mom, and then lying on the couch with her cat as we all listened to heavy rain and firecrackers in the neighborhood. I felt at least temporarily safe and not in so much despair.

The other bright spot was seeing your messages. I think sometimes on weekends I almost feel like I don't exist, and your acknowledgements of my message meant the world to me.

rg

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”