Prepping for certification exam ion March 14.

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
oak

Prepping for certification exam ion March 14.

Post by oak »

Hi friends.

I’m fixing to make a career change, or at least try, in summer 2023.

I’ve identified a technical skill/field that I’ve been doing, in part, for years now.

In addition to a Google certification, I’ve scheduled to take a specific certification exam (it is not Cisco, but something like that) on March 14.

Tick tock.

I hope to complete two Udemy tutorials, both especially created for this certification exam.

(Udemy has 30 day returns, so if either or both suck I won’t hesitate to ask for a refund and try another course.)

Today I started the first tutorial and set up the environment/program.

I have to admit my anxiety was a hot, fiery, feisty 6.

I Win Hof’ed my breathing, held on, and completed one 6-minute portion of the tutorial. I’ll try again tomorrow night.

Thanks for listening.

I’ll post more about broad and specific plans, but for now I’m glad that just took a stance and scheduled it.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Prepping for certification exam ion March 14.

Post by Mental Fairy »

So good to hear you are making steps forward to change the path of your working life. I hope this allows you to feel forward momentum.
oak

Post by oak »

Mental Fairy wrote: February 16th, 2023, 11:34 am So good to hear you are making steps forward to change the path of your working life. I hope this allows you to feel forward momentum.
Thank you, Mental Fairy.

Especially for your timely message.

1. Not ten minutes ago I had another anxiety-filled meeting with my supervisor.

I almost gave the “we’re on the same team, here” speech. But then I remembered that everything after the “missing missing reasons” conversation is wasted breath.

2. Earlier in the day I had an interview for my same position, at a similar employer. This would pay 50% more than my current employment.

You can imagine how I felt sitting through this meeting today. I’ve been through financial hell for 18 months just so one line in a spreadsheet is different. Completely immoral.

My plan, for now: promise to do whatever my current employers ask, while I make plans to leave as soon as is practical.

Does this sound reasonable?

Edit to add: I also found out today that I can make nearly the same amount working at a restaurant within easy walking distance of my home.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

It does sound reasonable.

You will know in yourself what is right for you or not. Hand on heart my friend we are here for you no matter what you decide.
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by rivergirl »

Hi Oak,

Changing your job is so important to you that it makes sense the activities related to that would cause anxiety.

I'm celebrating your accomplishment getting started on preparing for the exam. You seem to be good at breaking down major goals into smaller steps. I'm cheering you on with each step!

rg

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”