Checking in on Saturday

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Checking in on Saturday

Post by rivergirl »

Hello friends,
Things feel precarious today, as they often do on weekend mornings. I apologize in advance for how mundane this post is, but it somehow helps to write this and know that it may be read. :oops:

I tried to reach out to my brother last weekend and it was a complete failure that ended with him hanging up on me. I was able to talk to his wife after that, and it was okay, but I still feel bruised by the whole experience and more alone than before.

I'm getting a Covid booster today. I'm not worried about the vaccine, but I'm worried because I have to skip my RA medication for it to be effective, and when I did that with an earlier booster it caused several weeks of a painful flare up and permanent partial hearing loss/tinnitus.

Sometimes I can just allow the grief and loneliness to be there here without resisting. Sometimes even a small connection with anyone helps. I feel both gratitude for any connection, even with a stranger, but at the same time it never feels like what I really need.

So, my plans are to go out to do a little shopping after the vaccine, then pick up Italian takeout for our dinner that my mom requested. This evening I plan to do laundry, work on taxes, and catch up this forum with you beautiful people :)

Thank you for being here.

rg
manuel_moe_g
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Checking in on Saturday

Post by manuel_moe_g »

You deserve so much better than having your brother hang up on you, and don’t get me started on the world not seeing what a shining star you are

Please take care
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
oak

Post by oak »

manuel_moe_g wrote: April 1st, 2023, 9:29 am You deserve so much better than having your brother hang up on you, and don’t get me started on the world not seeing what a shining star you are

Please take care
Word!

And RiverGirl, please don’t forget to give yourself a few days after the booster to recover 🙂

I send good vibes, and wishes for a little fun this weekend.

Keep us posted my friend!

Edit to add:

Though this doesn’t have anything to do with anything, here is Bon Jovi’s “Bad Medicine”:

https://youtu.be/eOUtsybozjg
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Beany Boo
Issues: Risk averse, conversation difficulty, relationship difficulty
preferred pronoun: He/him

Post by Beany Boo »

Hi rg,

I appreciate the warning about how mundane the post might be. I was concerned I might have to stop reading half way through but, I needn’t have worried. Thankfully, it held my interest without any difficulty.

It’s hard when there’s big stuff that won’t change; said everyone, everywhere. I think it’s right to focus on the little stuff today. Sometimes furiously polishing the big life-and-death issues is not going to make them any clearer. Especially when just caretaking today is enough for now.

Maintain course, rather than blow all the resources trying to overcome. It’s a good idea to take a rest.

If you have made it this far in the post I commend you and give this little wave:

:wave:
Mr (blue) B. Boo

‘Out of nowhere the mind comes forth.’ - Zen koan

‘Let go or be dragged.’ - Zen proverb

‘Knowing how to yield is strength.’ - Laozi
oak

Post by oak »

RiverGirl!

How did your Saturday end up going?

Any preliminary word on your Sunday?
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
rivergirl

Post by rivergirl »

Thank you MM, Oak, & Beany.

Your comment about being concerned you couldn't finish my post made me smile, Beany.

The image of madly polishing (a crystal ball?) is striking. I think that's part of what my mind is doing from the moment I wake up on weekends, as well as waking up trying to absorb the shock of grief. I like the phrase "caretaking the day." I'll try to remember that this week.

Thank you for asking, Oak. I did get my vaccine, but then when I went out to do errands I fell asleep in my car in a parking lot. I don't know if it was the effect of the vaccine or something else. I did get the dinner I promised my mom, and got my taxes done, but then fell asleep early without even getting ready for bed. I'll try again with the errands & chores today.

Thanks again to all of you. Your replies help me feel a little more connected to the world again.

rg

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”