(Up to) Six days without power: mental health mitigation.

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
oak

Re: (Up to) Six days without power: mental health mitigation.

Post by oak »

A friend of the devil is a friend of mine:

https://youtu.be/lI_E6s0wvIo?si=U6vSFXa4WPON7xOM

-Jerry Garcia and David Grisman, 1993

We can groove out to this classic Grateful Dead song to celebrate, now that my power is back on, thank heaven.

And now that I can wear clean clothes and have a hot meal (very important to mental health), I made it to kettlebell today.

(Btw, I’m not sure if I’m much stronger, two years into kettlebell, but I sure have developed shoulders.)

Thanks for standing by me during this experience, my friends.

Lesson: buy a power brick or two, preferably the Anker brand; it can save a person’s bacon during a power outage.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
oak

Post by oak »

Friends, 36 hours into having power again, and I feel increasingly human: I might go to barre tonight, and I just had some bruschetta with pesto; it was divine.

That gets at what I missed, and what I learned, during the power outage: so much of my mental health is directly tied to being satisfied. Showering and shaving is satisfying, hot food is satisfying, olive oil is satisfying.

I am very much my body.
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

Oh I love this post. Absolutely brilliant Oak.
oak

Post by oak »

Mental Fairy wrote: August 30th, 2023, 11:30 pm Oh I love this post. Absolutely brilliant Oak.
Thanks, Mental Fairy!

Friends, I want to make something explicit threat I glossed over in my original post:

The horrible emergency notice sound, followed immediately by the sirens, when I was deeply asleep was one of the most traumatizing events of my life. It was the most terrifying three minutes of my life.

My brothers death and my 2004 car wreck were bigger, as it were, traumas. But minute for minute this experience was the worst of my life.

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”