Renouncing Self-Judgement to prevent Procrastination, and Managing ADHD need for Dopamine throughout the Day

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Renouncing Self-Judgement to prevent Procrastination, and Managing ADHD need for Dopamine throughout the Day

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Thank you Mental Fairy,

I wish I lived in the world of things changing quickly, but with my head, as it is, I live in the world of things changing slowly and needing a lot of self-compassion and giving myself grace

I will put a stuffed animal to hug when I complete even a little thing, and I will tell myself “Avoidance is not my friend, and I love failure!”
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
manuel_moe_g

Re: Renouncing Self-Judgement to prevent Procrastination, and Managing ADHD need for Dopamine throughout the Day

Post by manuel_moe_g »

[CARD#7] Renouncing Harsh Self-Judgement to lessen Procrastination, and Managing ADHD need for Dopamine throughout the Day
(1) Prioritize Self-Value Over Harsh Self-Judgment
"I am inherently good & valuable just as I am. My self-worth isn't dependent on being extraordinary. I choose self-compassion over self-criticism. Kindness towards myself fuels my productivity. I give my daughter unconditional love, and I can do the same for myself! I am excited about the work toward my success, avoidance is not my friend, and I love learning from failure."
(2) Be Mindful of ADHD Needs for Dopamine, Resist Falling into Dopamine Trap
"I acknowledge my ADHD and its need for dopamine. I find healthy ways to feed it: 'stimming,' novelty, drinking water, cold water on face, small rewards, and meaningful celebrations of <all> small wins and accomplishments, like moving my body in a little dance, or hugging a stuffed animal. These empower my focus and free me from aimless smartphone scrolling."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

made more changes, a big one is "avoidance is not my friend" and "I love learning from failure". Also have example of <little reward> in "hugging a stuffed animal". For today picked a stuffed Ostridge from the day my wife, daughter, and my father stopped by a ostridge farm on the way to the town of Solvang, which looks like a little Dutch village. I love his <huge> feet!
stuffed-ostridge_solvang-trip.jpg
stuffed-ostridge_solvang-trip.jpg (213.75 KiB) Viewed 813 times
~~~~~~
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

OMG he is sooooooo cute. Oh MM you just made me smile the biggest smile in days. Oh thank you for this post. Gosh your incredible
manuel_moe_g

Post by manuel_moe_g »

it was so strange hugging that Ostridge stuffed animal, i haven't hugged a stuffed animal for many many decades!

my therapist said it was a good way to reach the young inner child inside of me
~~~~~~
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Since SD and I had a conversation about inner child acknowledgment I put my childhood teddy bear in the back of my drivers seat in my car! So when I collect passengers (hardly ever) they would see this teddy bear looking back at them.

I do have an oversized giraffe teddy a patient gave me when I had my boob off! It is adorable and will have a look for it when I get home, you have inspired me.
manuel_moe_g

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Yeah, Mental Fairy, there is something that can take you way back, hugging a stuffed animal.

Nervous i am going to crush it in my arms and torso (6 foot 1 inch tall, 280 lbs), but that isn't quite how these stuffed animals work, ha! :lol:
~~~~~~
manuel_moe_g

Post by manuel_moe_g »

[CARD#7] Renouncing Harsh Self-Judgement to lessen Procrastination, and Managing ADHD need for Dopamine throughout the Day

(1) Prioritize Self-Value Over Harsh Self-Judgment
"I am inherently good & valuable just as I am. My self-worth isn't dependent on being extraordinary. I choose self-compassion over self-criticism. Kindness towards myself fuels my productivity. I give my daughter unconditional love and support, and I can do the same for myself! I am excited about the work toward my success, avoidance is not my friend, and I love learning from failure."
(2) Be Mindful of ADHD Needs for Dopamine, Resist Falling into Dopamine Trap
"I acknowledge my ADHD and its need for dopamine. I find healthy ways to feed it: 'stimming,' novelty, drinking water, cold water on face, short walk, and meaningful celebrations of <all> small wins and accomplishments, like moving my body in a little dance, or hugging a stuffed animal. These empower my focus and free me from aimless smartphone scrolling."

made some minor changes, like using a "short walk" to supply my mind with dopamine - the fresh air, seeing the result all around me of my forward motion, the increased blood flow
self-judgement-procrastination-adhd-dopamine_10-25-2023_00.jpg
self-judgement-procrastination-adhd-dopamine_10-25-2023_00.jpg (123.9 KiB) Viewed 797 times
~~~~~~
Beany Boo
Issues: Risk averse, conversation difficulty, relationship difficulty
preferred pronoun: He/him

Post by Beany Boo »

And talking back.

It’s possible the negative voice doesn’t really know you and doesn’t know what it is talking about.

Talking back at it, it doubts itself.

:wave:
Mr (blue) B. Boo

‘Out of nowhere the mind comes forth.’ - Zen koan

‘Let go or be dragged.’ - Zen proverb

‘Knowing how to yield is strength.’ - Laozi
troebia
Issues: anxiety, nightmares, depression

Post by troebia »

Beany Boo wrote: October 25th, 2023, 2:20 pm It’s possible the negative voice doesn’t really know you and doesn’t know what it is talking about.
I agree somehow, in the sense that we as animate and reasoning objects (as opposed to rocks and fish) are constantly having this strange illusion of being rational beings.
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

That’s spot on, talking back to it deflates it somehow. Takes the power of negative energy out of it.

MM I hope you don’t mind but I took a screenshot of your ostrich and made it my background on phone. It honestly makes me smile on the inside and out when I pick up my phone.
I admire the work you’re doing on yourself. You’re really going inward.

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”