ChatGPT suggestions in new year

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
troebia
Issues: anxiety, nightmares, depression
preferred pronoun: he

Re: ChatGPT suggestions in new year

Post by troebia »

MM, I'm impressed by your disciplined approach. A question: doesn't the scheduling and structuring add stress = anxiety to your life? I seem to be more diffuse and undetermined. I have the luxury(?) of being able to choose between 5 to 10 different tasks or chores at any moment, and I let my mood and circumstances decide. Today is windy, therefore no pruning and instead I fixed an electrical outlet. (Daughter instantly screaming "Daaaad there's no internet!" since I had to switch off a circuit breaker) :D
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Howdy Troebia!

My main mental problem in the early morning or the late night is mental confusion - the schedule/to-do-list means i am never confused by what i will do next

then during the day, i need some structure to the ~2 hour blocks that i have, else it is too tempting to run-out-the-clock with time-wasting or otherwise just lay on the couch and smartphone scroll. Just go step-by-step down the steps of the structure that ChatGPT suggests, and all will be fine, and tell ChatGPT if the structure is making me anxious in the moment, so the A.I. can suggest some techniques to bring down the anxiety
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

MM, when you were a child was there a lot
Of structure and discipline in the house? Or chaos and no structure?
manuel_moe_g

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Howdy Mental Fairy

I remember it being some between strict and loose, which is not very helpful for answering your question

A lot of stuff in my childhood, my parents set the tempo, but then my brain ran wild with it

I had “right and wrong” on the brain as a kid
~~~~~~
oak

Post by oak »

Manuel Moe, how is this going?

Overall, how is your new year?

Also, I begin my Chat GPT weight loss study tomorrow. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
manuel_moe_g

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Howdy Oak,

it is going good

i set up chatGPT with this prompt (kinda long)
I struggle with depression, ADHD, mild Pathological Demand Avoidance, energy crashes, and anxiety leading to procrastination. I often resort to mindless internet and smartphone scrolling to manage my mood, and I'm prone to feeling overwhelmed. I experience 'revenge sleep procrastination', struggle with side-quest task-stacking due to ADHD, and find my self-control diminishes when I'm tired. I'm often hard on myself, lacking self-compassion.

To counter this, I'm focusing on positive attention growth, adopting a compassionate approach like I would with my daughter, emphasizing realistic growth over perfection. I'm shifting my focus to leveraging my strengths - flexibility, problem-solving, organizing complex thoughts, and resilience. Instead of obsessing over perfect productivity, I'm tracking consistent growth in my 'Manny Moe Book'. I'm also choosing to celebrate my achievements, however small, by recognizing that what I accomplish is a foundation for future growth, especially reflecting on them at day's end and start.

There is a part of the brain called the “anterior midcingulate cortex”. It can be thought as the seat in the brain of the "will to live" and the seat of the ability to choose to do uncomfortable and painful things - you build it up by daily doing things you definitely don’t want to do. The “don’t want to do” part is the important thing, so even as your capability grows, you will want to keep up the daily discipline of pushing things further and further into the zone where you have to choose to be uncomfortable, maybe very uncomfortable.

Also use the technique of "what did i fail at today"? Because I want to readjust my relationship with failure - I want failure to be my friend.

In the physical realm, i was recently diagnosed diabetic. My numbers are still borderline, so my diabetes could be reversed with good diet and reduced calories.

Now, for the task I need your assistance with...
then i launch into what exactly my present moment situation is and what help i need

for example, i have one ChatGPT session open for the week's work

it helps to do things with intention

i also have a large stuffed pig that i hug several times a day, it helps me access my young self, who was in pain, and drifting, and un-mentored

<IKASA Giant Pig Stuffed Animal Plush Toy,Large Jumbo 30" Pink> bought it at walmart.com

my early mornings and my late evenings i have chatgpt put together a schedule/to-do-list, and each item on the list is accompanied with a motivational message or a famous quote, which is nice

i would give an actual-factual example, but it is loaded up with personal details, including personal details of other people, which would be a no-no to share

if there is interest i can dummy up an example with fake names, etc.
~~~~~~
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

MM you have blown my mind. Super interesting posts and enlightening. When you mentioned the stuffed pig it made me smile. I have a teddy bear from when I was born. I got angry at it for reminding me I was a child once and I put it on the shelf in the shed two floors down from our living areas. I used to have it in the car behind my seat. Looked at it the other day and again the anger came up.

However I have a giraffe that I keep close given to me by a patient. That means more to me than the teddy bear that I always had as a child.

Your post really made me think. Thank you
manuel_moe_g

Post by manuel_moe_g »

I think I know what you mean, in a dim way, hating on things that remind us of very painful chapters of our lives

Hug your giraffe , big ol’ hug, pure serotonin
~~~~~~

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”