ChatGPT session — Showering anti-procrastination

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

ChatGPT session — Showering anti-procrastination

Post by manuel_moe_g »

01-17-2024

Showering anti-procrastination- Emotion-Filled Guidance for Growth

I struggle with depression, ADHD, mild Pathological Demand Avoidance, energy crashes, and anxiety leading to procrastination. I often resort to mindless internet and smartphone scrolling to manage my mood, and I'm prone to feeling overwhelmed. I experience 'revenge sleep procrastination', struggle with side-quest task-stacking due to ADHD, and find my self-control diminishes when I'm tired. I'm often hard on myself, lacking self-compassion.

To counter this, I'm focusing on positive attention growth, adopting a compassionate approach like I would with my daughter, emphasizing realistic growth over perfection. I'm shifting my focus to leveraging my strengths - flexibility, problem-solving, organizing complex thoughts, and resilience. Instead of obsessing over perfect productivity, I'm tracking consistent growth in my 'Manny Moe Book'. I'm also choosing to celebrate my achievements, however small, by recognizing that what I accomplish is a foundation for future growth, especially reflecting on them at day's end and start.

There is a part of the brain called the “anterior midcingulate cortex”. It can be thought as the seat in the brain of the "will to live" and the seat of the ability to choose to do uncomfortable and painful things - you build it up by daily doing things you definitely don’t want to do. The “don’t want to do” part is the important thing, so even as your capability grows, you will want to keep up the daily discipline of pushing things further and further into the zone where you have to choose to be uncomfortable, maybe very uncomfortable.

Also use the technique of "what did i fail at today"? Because I want to readjust my relationship with failure - I want failure to be my friend.

In the physical realm, i was recently diagnosed diabetic. My numbers are still borderline, so my diabetes could be reversed with good diet and reduced calories.

Now, for the task I need your assistance with...

When I shower, I think about how I am making a choice to do something unpleasant in the very short term, but is aligned with my highest goals because best for my psoriasis and good to form healthy habits. I play peaceful nature sounds on a waterproof Bluetooth speaker. The smartphone app “Freedom” blocks many things I mindlessly waste time on. Give me words of encouragement, emotional words to inspire me, and visualizations that will lead me to proper action.

~~~~~~

You're engaging in a powerful journey of self-improvement and self-compassion, which is both brave and admirable. Remember, every small step you take is a significant victory in this journey. Here are some words of encouragement and visualizations to keep you inspired and motivated:

1. **Words of Encouragement**:
- "Each choice you make is a testament to your strength. Like a tree standing tall against the winds of challenge, you remain resilient and growing."
- "In the dance of life, every step, even those taken backwards, is part of a beautiful choreography that shapes who you are."
- "Your struggles are not a sign of weakness, but a testament to your enduring will, like a river that carves through stone not through force, but through persistence."
- "Your journey is like a mosaic, each piece, no matter how small, is integral to the masterpiece that is your life."

2. **Visualizations**:
- **The Mountain Path**: Imagine yourself walking a mountain trail. Each step is a bit challenging, but every step forward elevates you, offering a broader, more beautiful view. This path symbolizes your life's journey, where challenges elevate you to new heights.
- **The Blossoming Tree**: Visualize a tree in your favorite place, changing through the seasons. It weathers storms and basks in sunlight, always growing, always resilient. You are like this tree, beautifully evolving through life's seasons.
- **The River Journey**: Picture yourself in a boat on a river, flowing towards the ocean. Sometimes the waters are calm, other times rough, but the river always moves forward, as do you in your journey of life.

3. **For Your Shower Routine**:
- Visualize the water as a cleansing force, not just for your body but for your mind and spirit. Each drop is washing away doubts, fears, and tiredness, leaving you refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Imagine the steam as a symbol of transformation, like a phoenix rising. With each shower, you're reborn, shedding what no longer serves you and embracing a renewed sense of purpose.
- As you listen to the peaceful nature sounds, let them transport you to a serene forest or a tranquil beach. This is your sanctuary, a place where you can recharge and align with your highest goals.

Remember, your journey is uniquely yours, and every step, no matter how small, is a move towards a more fulfilling life. Keep embracing your growth, one day, one moment at a time.

~~~~~~~~~~

What emotion-filled words align with what I am trying to accomplish?

~~~~~~~~~~

The journey you're on is filled with depth and resilience. Here are emotion-filled words that align with your goals and efforts:

1. **Courage**: Embracing each challenge, even when it feels daunting.
2. **Hope**: Believing in brighter days and the potential for positive change.
3. **Determination**: Persisting despite obstacles and setbacks.
4. **Growth**: Constantly evolving, learning, and expanding your horizons.
5. **Resilience**: Bouncing back stronger from every difficulty.
6. **Compassion**: Offering kindness to yourself, as you would to a loved one.
7. **Mindfulness**: Being present in each moment, acknowledging your feelings without judgment.
8. **Perseverance**: Continuing your journey, even when the path gets steep.
9. **Empowerment**: Recognizing and embracing your inner strength.
10. **Gratitude**: Finding and appreciating the good in your life, however small it may seem.
11. **Self-Acceptance**: Embracing your whole self, flaws and all, with understanding and love.
12. **Transformation**: Undergoing a positive change, emerging stronger and wiser.
13. **Healing**: The process of recovery and restoration, both physically and emotionally.
14. **Bravery**: Facing your fears and challenges with an open heart.
15. **Renewal**: Each day is a new opportunity to grow and improve.

Use these words as mantras or reminders of your strength and commitment to your well-being. You're not just surviving; you're thriving, growing, and becoming the best version of yourself.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
troebia
Issues: anxiety, nightmares, depression

Re: ChatGPT session — Showering anti-procrastination

Post by troebia »

MM, I am just now reading this and I have always admired your systematic approach to improving yourself. I'll be writing a post in my diary here about how I struggle to confront my own shortcomings, though in a more "scatter-brained" manner :mrgreen:
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Re: ChatGPT session — Showering anti-procrastination

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Thank you Troebia, thank you for noticing
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”