ChatGPT prompt for Meditation on Facing and Transforming Feelings of Unworthiness

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

ChatGPT prompt for Meditation on Facing and Transforming Feelings of Unworthiness

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Here is the ChatGPT prompt:
Please write a 9-minute-long meditation on me really sitting with the feelings of unworthiness around these three tasks i am procrastinating on, represented by this chain of "logic": by neglecting them for so long it proves i am fiscally irresponsible, since i am fiscally irresponsible it shows i really don't care about my family's future, since i don't care about my family's future I am willing to see harm come to my wife and daughter, since i am willing to see harm come to my wife and daughter I don't deserve their love and i am a horrible person, since i am a horrible person i don't deserve any speck of joy or anything that gives comfort either.

Let the awful thoughts drift into my mind like a cloud drifting into the expanse of sky, and in the same way, the awful thought will drift out, because thoughts have a beginning, a middle, and an end. I can let them drift through my consciousness without any judgement, without giving it any validity.

Then i want to substitute that awful thought for a more realistic thought: i am brand-new to techniques that let me handle difficult tasks without distress. I can do the tasks in a time-limited way that honors where i am at right now mentally. I am all about what is sustainable - i avoid methods that are extreme and unsustainable and that only lead to breakdown.

The goals of the meditation are (1) to be inspiring and motivating (2) to call forth specifics about my mental & physical situation now (3) to give helpful techniques (4) to give a few relevant quotes, with attribution if has such (5) to heap praise and compliments on me throughout the whole monologue, because ADHD people usually have a negative narrative running through their heads, and fulsome compliments should overcome that temporarily (6) throughout the whole monologue, prompt the listener [me] to use techniques of mindful breathing and breath-work and somatic techniques for being mindful of being inside my body, (7) a few time use my Christian name "Manuel" and my nickname "Manny Moe" because hearing my name will tightly tie the contents of this monologue with my identity (8) strong emphasis on the desire to avoid mindlessly using social-media and device scrolling, particularly as a way to further procrastinate on these tasks (9) when I get overwhelmed or confused, I can return to the idea and the mantra of “step–by–step“ which allows me to slow down during the difficult times, and keep going
Here is what was output:
Beginning - Grounding and Introduction

Manuel, as you find a comfortable and quiet space, begin by taking deep, intentional breaths. With each inhale, draw in strength and self-compassion; with each exhale, release the weight of unworthiness and self-doubt. Allow your body to relax and your mind to open to this moment of reflection and transformation.

Acknowledging Feelings

Manny Moe, it's natural to feel overwhelmed by tasks that have been delayed, leading to a cascade of negative thoughts. It’s okay to acknowledge these feelings, to let them come to the surface. These thoughts, however heavy they may seem, are like clouds in the vast sky of your mind—temporary and passing.

Sitting with the Feelings

Manuel, as these feelings emerge, give yourself permission to sit with them without judgment. Recognize that these thoughts do not define your worth or your capacity for love and care for your family. They are merely thoughts, and like all thoughts, they have a beginning, a middle, and an end.

Breath-work and Presence

Let’s focus on your breath, Manny Moe. With each inhale, envision drawing in clarity and resilience. With each exhale, imagine letting these troubling thoughts drift away, making room for peace and self-acceptance. Feel the support of the ground beneath you, anchoring you in the present.

Replacing Negative Thoughts

Now, Manuel, let’s gently begin to replace these thoughts with ones that reflect your true self. Remember, you are learning new techniques to manage tasks without distress. It's a journey of growth, and you're taking steps towards mastering it in a sustainable, compassionate way.

Praise and Recognition

Manny Moe, you are incredibly resilient. Facing these tasks and your feelings head-on is a testament to your strength. You are doing remarkably well, navigating through your journey with courage and a willingness to grow. Your dedication to finding sustainable methods speaks volumes about your care and responsibility towards yourself and your family.

Mindful Breathing and Self-Compassion

Continue to breathe deeply, Manuel. With each breath, feel more rooted in your own worthiness. You deserve joy, comfort, and love—not because of what you do or don’t do, but simply because you are you. Allow this truth to fill you with warmth and light.

Avoiding Distractions

As you move forward, Manny Moe, remind yourself of the power in choosing focus over distraction. Social media and scrolling can wait; what’s important is taking small, manageable steps towards your tasks. This is not just about completing them; it’s about honoring your commitment to yourself and your growth.

Closing with Step-by-Step Mantra

Manuel, as we conclude this meditation, hold tightly to the mantra “step-by-step.” Allow it to guide you through overwhelming moments, reminding you that progress, no matter how small, is still progress. You, Manny Moe, have the strength, the resilience, and the heart to face any challenge, step by step.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
troebia
Issues: anxiety, nightmares, depression

Re: ChatGPT prompt for Meditation on Facing and Transforming Feelings of Unworthiness

Post by troebia »

Hmmm.... In my opinion, your prompt is much more insightful and therapeutic than what the machine spat out.

I've tried several different strategies to get new perspectives and ideas for action out of ChatGPT. Sadly the results so far have been very uncreative. The machine will align to a conformist narrative that always sounds very bland and wuwu wellness, no matter how I try to screw up the "creativeness". There is never any spark or anything truly unexpected. I'd like to try a working jailbreak, but I haven't found any that aren't already blocked.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Re: ChatGPT prompt for Meditation on Facing and Transforming Feelings of Unworthiness

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Howdy Troebia,

yeah, the current state of the art of A.I. is it being a "plagiarism machine"

The only thing “spooky” about ChatGPT is that it “knows” a lot of shit, if I tell it about A B C & D it will repeat back A B C D E F & G, which is helpful
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
troebia
Issues: anxiety, nightmares, depression

Post by troebia »

manuel_moe_g wrote: March 8th, 2024, 5:12 am if I tell it about A B C & D it will repeat back A B C D E F & G, which is helpful
If you give it the first part of a synopsis of a published novel it will almost invariably complete the story by parroting the second part. I then tried telling it to end the story differently but it either sounds like it looked up some familiar fairytale construct, or it comes up with some schmaltzy wholesome BS. Even if you tell it to end a happy story in disaster it'll sound like there was some positive logic behind it. Real life isn't like that: it can be cruel, senseless and completely randomly evil and the engineers have chosen to disable that part. Right now I think the publicly available models are completely useless except for helping with my Italian homework :roll:

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”