Living in this World....

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Re: Living in this World....

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Heather,

Thanks. That's some clip.... Didn't know what I was looking at, at first.... Surreal.

Normally see that on the street during a march or something, but here, people locked in their little boxes high in the air, reaching across....

So later I did get a text from my friend. Turns out that he quit because he was tired of not getting the company support he needed to do his job. (Manager of a tech installation at a construction site. Often stressful and chaotic). So we're still in touch....

Be well.

Regards

SD
Heatherwantspeace
preferred pronoun: she

Post by Heatherwantspeace »

Hey SD,
Checking in. How are you doing?
Heather
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Heather,

Thanks. Doing well all in all.

Sometimes I think about the struggles and mental turmoil others must have had (and are having) at various times and places throughout the world. (Wartime Europe, for example).

No one is immune. I wish it were different, and always have....Been aware that the world is burning since I was a kid.

So, managing to keep a mental balance by practicing kindness when I can, finding beauty in my surrounding, and trying not to think so much!

SD
Heatherwantspeace

Hi SD, yeah, it's hard. Glad you're doing okay.
Heather
oak

Post by oak »

Thanks for posting, SnoringDog!
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Hi SD,

I know...there are so many things in this world that hurts us... I feel like a bomb goes off here and there in life and we are the victims of it... It's really hard living in this world, but there are good people out there and you'll get a ton of support here!! :)

I'm glad you are sharing your feelings so that others can show their love and support!
You are loved, my friend!!!

Love,
Brooke
snoringdog

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Brooke,

Been off for a few days, just saw your note...

Aw shucks.... :oops:

But thanks. ;)
snoringdog

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Heather,

Now it's the Italians! :violin: :whistle: :clap:

Italians cope with quarantine by singing on their balconies.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/worl ... k-1783834e

Italians may be stuck at home — the country is now locked down, in the face of what is so far Europe’s most severe coronavirus outbreak — but they are still getting their voices heard.

At precisely noon on Saturday, millions of Italians, from Piedmont to Sicily, leaned out of windows or stood on their balconies to applaud the health care workers in hospitals and other front-line medical staff who have been working round the clock to care for coronavirus patients.

As church bells normally drowned out by traffic pealed in the surreal silence that defines Italy since Wednesday’s lockdown, applause filled streets, piazzas and even country roads, after messages went viral on social media calling Italians to put their hands together.

There was a similar response to another online appeal Friday evening, asking Italians to sing the national anthem — or play it on a musical instrument — at exactly 6 p.m. The socially distant flash mob swept social media.

Naturally, not everyone is blessed with a voice like Pavarotti. Some Italians preferred banging on pots and calling out, “We will make it.”

It’s unclear who began the musical interlude, but in the land that gave the world opera, it’s clearly not meant to be a cacophonous mess, and a program for more songs is spreading online. At 6 p.m. on Saturday, Italians will sing “Azzurro,” a 1968 hit by the singer Adriano Celentano, and on Sunday, “Ma il cielo è sempre più blu,” by Nino Gaetano, which topped the charts in 1975.
Heatherwantspeace

Thanks for sharing SD! What a beautiful thing!
I think it's noteworthy that our instincts still take us to rhythm and song to connect, as they always have.
Be well!
Heather

Return to “Do other people feel like you do?”