lack of sleep and depression

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
andrewjoemorris

Re: lack of sleep and depression

Post by andrewjoemorris »

There's certainly a connection. I have terrible insomnia, and when I'm really struggling with my sleep, the rest of my moods suffer as well. Then it gets to the point where I have anxiety and panic attacks about the fear of not being able to fall asleep, of course as I'm trying to sleep.

I wish I could give you some sort of valuable suggestion or insight, but I don't have one. I guess I wanted to more say I'm sorry for your struggle. I know all too well how bad it is.
jenloiacono

Post by jenloiacono »

thank you all for your comments, it's very much appreciated.

i guess i just feel really alone in this. i know that the lack of sleep is worsening my depression, that's become obvious. i don't feel alone in that. i guess i just feel alone in punishing myself through not letting myself sleep..

and i guess more recently the problem is much more just desperately trying to put off the next day. if i stay up, i can delay it.
sometimes, it's okay if the only thing you did today was breathe
Stina
Issues: Avoidant PD, Generalized Anxiety, Persistent Depression, Social Anxiety
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Stina »

Sleep is so awesome, how can you be so mean to yourself and deprive yourself out of that free treat for yourself?? :( I hope you can catch up on some zzzzs this weekend. YOU DESERVE IT.
~~~ Kristina ~~~
weird and broken

Return to “Do other people feel like you do?”