Happy Thanksgiving

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
next year

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by next year »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I am grateful that I have found such a supportive community with all of you.

I am also sooooooo thankful that my husband talked me out of hosting Thanksgiving with his family (so much shit going down with them right now, cannot even get into it) and it's just us (me, husband, 3 daughters) and my nephew visiting from college. Mellow, watching football and movies, walking in the park this afternoon, cooking on our own schedule. I think it's actually a really good sign that my husband was able to say enough of the family drama and guilt, enough of us having to step in and handle things because everyone else is in perpetual crisis mode. Sometimes being selfish is a good thing, right?

I hope you were all able to do something nice for yourselves today.

"Gratitude is the open door to abundance."
cyanidebreathmint

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Post by cyanidebreathmint »

Thanks for the Happy Thanksgiving wishes
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

next year wrote:I am also sooooooo thankful that my husband talked me out of hosting Thanksgiving with his family (so much shit going down with them right now, cannot even get into it)
I am so happy you have somebody in your life who has your back! 8-) All the best, cheers! :D
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
next year

Post by next year »

Oh man, for all the time he spent on the phone with them they might as well have been here. They kind of fucked up his weekend anyway. My husband is a really good guy.

Hope you all made it through the holiday unscathed. ;)
fantine-ish

Post by fantine-ish »

Thanks for the well wishes... personally it's a rough time of year for me (always is...I get the SAD and whatnot) but this is my first holiday season as a divorcee.... and well, it sucks. :)

But I'm plowing through. It's good to know that I'll never have another "first holiday season as a divorcee".... make it through this one and I'm golden.

Best wishes to all of you during this potentially rough time of year. Just hang in there!
DISCLAIMER: I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on tv.... So take my advice with a grain of salt and know that it's given sincerely, with a wee bit of research and experience, and with the very best of intentions and hope for your healing.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Take care, fantine-ish! We are cheering for you! :D 8-)
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “Do other people feel like you do?”