Obsessions/Compulsions getting in the way?

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
heart

Re: Obsessions/Compulsions getting in the way?

Post by heart »

Hi I'm a high school student and I just wanted to say that I wish I had a teacher like you, who really cared about the job. I have a biology teacher who does not give a shit and I can see how bored he is in his eyes. But I guess Eutrophication isn't the most exciting thing in the world.

Anyway I think that all students really want is someone who cares and makes them feel like they are worth something. That's all me and my friends want anyway. And I think that everyone can see and appreciate your efforts. I think you are a great teacher and person.
minigrogs

Re: Obsessions/Compulsions getting in the way?

Post by minigrogs »

Thank you. That is very sweet of you. Makes me feel good. I am by no means perfect. But I am trying my best I guess. I hate biology, so I would be bored out of my mind teaching that to. But I know some people can make that interesting supposedly. It was too much memorization for me.

But it is true I try hard to make everyone feel that they matter. I mean, as long as they show up. I only have so much strength to care about those who never show and then want sympathy that they are not failing the class. I try to keep track of who is struggling and reach out, but I know I miss people sometimes. Hopefully, I will be able to do as well as I want to with that after a while.

Return to “Do other people feel like you do?”