Alienation

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Rosie

Re: Alienation

Post by Rosie »

Hi

It doesn't sound like a healthy environment to me, is there any chance you can move out and be somewhere more conducive to your state of mind. It sounds like you need to be stimulated by like minded people, is there anything you could join in your home town that would bring you into contact with people who can stimulate your mind, book club etc? I attended a Welsh speaking lunch at work today, it was a chance for us native Welsh speakers to converse in our own language and I thoroughly enjoyed myself and met some new people which is good for my own state of mind. Being around alcohol on a regular basis can lead to all sorts of trouble, what if things turned nasty, I would re-assess and move on to pastures new. Good luck, Rosie
MCspeaks

Post by MCspeaks »

It sounds like you are the one that is changing while others appear to stay the same.

That must be incredibly frustrating...and I know I've left certain situations/lost friendships because of that. I think all you can do is continue on your own path and try not to worry about others (seriously easier said than done, I'm working on this one myself) and hope that maybe one day you'll be inspiring to them--without sounding pretentious, just everyone has their own timeline and it can help to see other people role model for us.

Also, try to search out some more like minded folks, I'm sure you're not the only one in your wholeee state.

Good luck :)
I'd love any feedback you may have on my blog on depression-- http://speakfordepression.blogspot.com/

"Taking to pieces is for those who cannot construct" -RWE
fifthsonata

Post by fifthsonata »

Considering I have a lease and am stuck until it's up, I'm.....stuck. I work overnights, so my life schedule is pretty much opposite anyone else. I'm setting myself up for new things when it's done, but I still have another six months...
Rosie

Post by Rosie »

Hang on in there six months will fly by then it's a new life for you!

Return to “Do other people feel like you do?”