"anger is a misdirected plea for love"

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
HeathMcF

"anger is a misdirected plea for love"

Post by HeathMcF »

Agree?

No?

I am one angry person. I hate a lot of people. I hold grudges. I feel like people are always asking something from me but never return the favor. My anger is almost always directed to my MIL. She drives me crazy - especially the way she says, "I love ya!" and doesn't freaking show it. Empty words. She's made promises to my children and hasn't kept them (big no-no in my book). But it's more than that. The thought of her face, her number on the caller ID, her email address popping up - makes my skin crawl.

So, I think if I look into the situation more... it could translate into me wanting love from her and never really getting it? Eh.. it's not love so much as RESPECT. Arg... I could go on forever.

I thought the quote was a good conversation starter.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: "anger is a misdirected plea for love"

Post by manuel_moe_g »

"anger is a misdirected plea for love" is too enlightened

sometimes "anger is a plea for some jerk's face to get smashed in" - when my anger links up with my sense of fairness and also protecting the self from being humiliated...
HeathMcF wrote:She's made promises to my children and hasn't kept them (big no-no in my book).
This sucks, because it is the children who are left disappointed, and who learn a lesson too soon that some adults are jerks. Please take care, HeathMcF, you deserve better than this crummy MIL in your life! 8-)
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
HeathMcF

Re: "anger is a misdirected plea for love"

Post by HeathMcF »

Thank you Manual_moe_g!!

I Love validation!!!

I might start a thread "what I hate about my inlaws" or is that too insensitive?

ROFL!

Return to “Do other people feel like you do?”