Guest who are just regular/unexceptional people

neufena
Issues: Self worth, anxiety, being a failure.
preferred pronoun: he

Guest who are just regular/unexceptional people

Post by neufena »

I may have suggested this before but it would be nice every now and again to have a guest who's a regular person and not someone doing something exceptional in their lives.

Please don't take that the wrong way, I know that everyone has their own issues and being successful or even famous doesn't make you happy or solve any problems. I just find that, as someone who spends his entire life striving to do something to make myself worthwhile or special, it would be nice to hear from other people who don't have something exceptional about them, just a normal run of the mill person who's making their way through life as best they can.
FixTheWagon
Issues: Sad,Gad,Addiction,Depression,
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Guest who are just regular/unexceptional people

Post by FixTheWagon »

I agree with you .. but ... It's probably not easy to get guests who make for an interesting hour long conversation. I don't think I could talk for an hour while being interesting. I have social anxiety and other disorders that make it difficult to let my guard down and speak freely.
FSBO: CLASSIC 1980 Toyota Cressida Station Wagon. Steering pulls hard to the left making it hard to drive. Dents, dings & other intrinsic damage. 4 different sized tires. Vintage 1980 Toyota two tone GFY paint theme with faux wood interior.
neufena
Issues: Self worth, anxiety, being a failure.
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Guest who are just regular/unexceptional people

Post by neufena »

I totally understand that. In the end, as well as a resource for us, this is an entertainment show and Paul's livelihood. Average Joes just aren't as interesting as talented/exceptional people for hour+ interviews. I have noticed recently that people's talents are slightly downplayed in more recent episodes, coming out as a 'oh and I'm a comedian' rather part of the episode description which gives more focus to the mental health issues.

Return to “Forum Suggestions/Problems”