Expanding the "Substance Abuse & Addiction" section?

What do you think of my my suggestions?

I like them and they should be implemented the way they are.
100%
I like them, but would suggest a few modifications (please post suggestions below).
No votes
I do not like your ideas, the section should stay as is or should go in a different direction (please post suggestions below).
No votes

Total votes: 4

Eternally Learning

Expanding the "Substance Abuse & Addiction" section?

Post by Eternally Learning »

This seems like an area where a lot of people share common ground both on the show and on the forum, but it's a pretty limited section on the forum. I'd like to see more sub-topics added to inspire others to post. Below are my thoughts on a layout for this section with all the sub-topics I thought made sense. Please vote and comment to let me know what you think.
  • Substance Abuse & Addiction
    o Addictions and mental illness. {Formerly “Are you addicted?” Changed to focus the discussions and leave room for the new topics I made}
    “Discussions on addictions and their relationships with your illness”
    o What’s your poison?
    “Do you drink, smoke, eat, screw, gamble, do drugs, or are you more creative than that?”
    o What’s helped you?
    “Discuss what’s helped you reduce or even eliminate your addiction’s impact on your life.”
    o How are you coping now?
    “Whether you’ve just celebrated 10 years sober or have just fallen off the wagon, talk about it here.”
    o Touched by addiction.
    "A place to discuss how the addictions of friends and/or family have affected you."
The purpose of life is to make it mean something.
the cheat

Re: Expanding the "Substance Abuse & Addiction" section?

Post by the cheat »

i like the idea, but i would add one forum for people who aren't addicts but have friends or family who are. i'd have some stuff to contribute to a forum like that.
Eternally Learning

Re: Expanding the "Substance Abuse & Addiction" section?

Post by Eternally Learning »

the cheat wrote:i like the idea, but i would add one forum for people who aren't addicts but have friends or family who are. i'd have some stuff to contribute to a forum like that.
That's a good idea! I'll add it to my OP. Thanks!

ETA: I just enabled the ability to change your vote so if you're happy with the way it looks now, feel free.
The purpose of life is to make it mean something.

Return to “Forum Suggestions/Problems”