Why did I get kicked out?

D arlene

Why did I get kicked out?

Post by D arlene »

So my profile got deleted... why? I'm not aware of having done anything wrong - except for maybe quoting/making fun of a spammer - but I thought having a sense of humor would be allowed here, no?

If this one gets deleted too, then so long and thanks for all the fish, but ... I am confuse...
It was already on fire when I got here.
shanarchy

Re: Why did I get kicked out?

Post by shanarchy »

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! I loooove that movie!

P.S. IDK what happened to your profile, but I loved the reference.
~Shanarchy

"You are more talented than you think, more beautiful than you know, and more loved than you can imagine." ~Kandee Johnson
D arlene

Post by D arlene »

Glad you liked it, Sha. Good luck to you.

I never got a reply re. my deleted profile, so I guess that is a silent F*** off, which is what I will do now.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

hello "D arlene"

I am reviewing the moderation logs, nothing in the logs suggests a closed profile of yours anywhere. This forum is moderated with a very light touch - I try to follow Paul's lead in doing the least amount of moderation, mainly just blasting obvious spammers and people who would otherwise make the forum impossible to use for our little community.

All the best, cheers
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
D arlene

Post by D arlene »

Thanks for taking the time to reply. My original profile "Darlene" and all my posts were deleted on May 13th.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Poopies. It was Paul who deleted your account. I think quoting the spammer was the problem, because for some user management screens a user is identified by their last post, and the "quoting" formatting is lost. I almost got tripped up myself, I don't remember if the user was "Darlene" but I remember almost deleting two people before I realized one person was quoting the spammer.

Because I am low man on the totem pole, I am super careful to document everything and triple-check after I double-check. The Boss Man has the prerogative to use a heavy hand and short-cuts, because his time is needed to create a viable weekly podcast on mental health.

If you got zapped in the spammer crossfire, I apologize on behalf of this forum community. This is a volunteer operation and Paul is volunteer #1 because of minimal advertising on a free weekly podcast. I hope this doesn't sour your community experience. Recovering your posts may be beyond all our technical capabilities, because the forum software and host was chosen based on absolute minimal price, and a lot of the volunteers (myself included) are not technically savvy enough to know how to recover what the system considers unrecoverable.

Again, I apologize and I hope this doesn't sour your community experience. All the best cheers.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
D arlene

Post by D arlene »

Thank you for taking the time to clear that up, manuel. I know it's not easy being green...
Don't worry about resurrecting my "Darlene" profile. I shall consider the space in "D arlene" a battle scar and wear it proudly.

Thanks again.
nehal

Post by nehal »

I was clicking into the older Meghan Parkansky episode the other day to refresh my memory before listening to the new one. I noticed that the episode I think it was in the 50's was already transcribed! That's impressive if that many are done so far!
Paul maybe you could provide an update on the podcast as to how many have been completed!
NEHAL

Return to “Forum Suggestions/Problems”