Abusive Relationships Section

DrCatPantsPhd

Abusive Relationships Section

Post by DrCatPantsPhd »

I've looked around and I can't seem to find a section dealing with abusive relationships; the mental illness that causes someone to stay in one, the mental illness that results from being in one, as well as the mental illness that causes someone to become abusive.

Today, my therapist and I have started to strategize ways for me to leave a horrible, abusive relationship that may take months, even a year to pull off. I'd love to be able to maybe document my progress and more importantly hear other people's [success] stories.

If there is a place like that here already, please let me know.
oak

Re: Abusive Relationships Section

Post by oak »

That's the truth. Well said, Cat.

At the risk of spoiling the story of my abusive relationship, I knew I was dumping her that night, when she flailed kicks and punches at geese who were crowding into the ducks we were feeding at the park.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Paul Gilmartin
Issues: Depression, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Incest Survivor
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Abusive Relationships Section

Post by Paul Gilmartin »

There is a section entitled Trauma/Abuse/Violation You can start a new thread or join one of the ones that exist underneath it if you like.

Paul
http://mentalpod.comNothing degrades the quality of my life like obsessing about the quality of my life.

Return to “Forum Suggestions/Problems”