Finally booked that appointment

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
heathen1981

Finally booked that appointment

Post by heathen1981 »

With the help of a woman in Student Services at the college I attend, I've booked my evaluation at The Centers here in Florida. I tried before, but was apparently misled by an operator to think that while they do work on a sliding scale payment system, the evaluation appointment would be $200. After talking to Marcelle (the woman at the college) and having her reach some contacts she had in The Centers, she discovered that I can get that fee waived if I tell them I'm without income, staying with friends, and am on the verge of homelessness (which I will be come January).

December 5 is my appointment. I'm a little nervous, but I know I need to get a hold of this now, because if I don't, my life will probably fall apart.

A side note: Marcelle also got me info on a group at school run by a Student Services woman where students come to meetings to vent and talk about life problems. I'm definitely going to be attending those as well.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Finally booked that appointment

Post by manuel_moe_g »

I am so glad you are being loving to yourself by getting the help you deserve, heathen1981! Rock on! :D :D :D
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
heathen1981

Post by heathen1981 »

So I had my appointment on Thursday. A very nice woman named Chelsea did my evaluation and I felt very comfortable explaining my situation. She recommended 6-8 sessions with a counselor to deal with my coping issues with the loss of my mom, as well as all the other wonderful things that came along with it. I felt very relieved leaving the office, and I had a boost of self esteem all day.
lattejunkie

Post by lattejunkie »

I'm happy to hear this!

Return to “Depression - BiPolar”