Just took have a bottle of zzzQuil, a unisom, some other

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Delirium

Just took have a bottle of zzzQuil, a unisom, some other

Post by Delirium »

OTC Sleep aid and chasing it with 6 pack.

Not sure if it'll kill me, put me in a coma or just give me a really good sleep.

Just can't do this anymore. I'm sorry.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Just took have a bottle of zzzQuil, a unisom, some other

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Don't give up, Delirium. It gets better and you are not alone.

___.oOo.______.oOo.______.oOo.______.oOo.______.oOo.______.oOo.______.oOo.___

Suicide and Suicide Prevention Resources

Suicide Prevention at 1-800-273-8255

another: 1-800-SUICIDE (1 800-784-2433)

another: type "Suicide Hotline" in you favorite Internet search

another: SuicideHotlines.com -- For Suicide Prevention & Emotional Crisis

These are your #1 resources, all other resources are conditional on you staying alive, and Suicide Prevention at 1-800-273-8255 is how you will stay alive.

"Coping with Suicidal Thoughts: A Resource for Patients" -- Suicide resource packet multipage PDF, a work-booklet using Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)

Finally, here is a good summary of the precursors to suicide to help you understand yourself and others, it is from a PhD psychologist whose father committed suicide:

American Psychological Association - Thomas Joiner, PhD - Precursors to suicide, for yourself and others

Cheers to you, for scrolling all the way down to the bottom of this copypasta! :D
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
fifthsonata

Post by fifthsonata »

I hope you decide to stay. I really do. Call for help, my friend.
oak

Post by oak »

If you are cognizant enough to type this, using capitalization and punctuation, you are cognizant enough to get medical help immediately.

You may need to get your stomach pumped. Whatever the outcome, take action now to reach out. If you are in America call 211 or 911.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_telephone_number
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
manuel_moe_g

Post by manuel_moe_g »

new version of suicide copypasta with international suicide hotlines and contact links to social media sites safety teams and link to great resource suicide.org

___.oOo.______.oOo.______.oOo.______.oOo.______.oOo.______.oOo.______.oOo.___

Suicide and Suicide Prevention Resources

Suicide Prevention at 1-800-273-8255

another: 1-800-SUICIDE (1 800-784-2433)

another: type "Suicide Hotline" in you favorite Internet search

another: suicide.org -- Domestic & International Suicide Hotlines

These are your #1 resources, all other resources are conditional on you staying alive, and Suicide Prevention at 1-800-273-8255 is how you will stay alive.

Best online suicide-prevention collection of great resources: suicide.org

"Coping with Suicidal Thoughts: A Resource for Patients" -- Suicide resource packet multipage PDF, a work-booklet using Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)

Resources for helping others, including contacts to social media safety teams -- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline; Help Someone Else Online

Finally, here is a good summary of the precursors to suicide to help you understand yourself and others, it is from a PhD psychologist whose father committed suicide:

American Psychological Association - Thomas Joiner, PhD - Precursors to suicide, for yourself and others

Cheers to you, for scrolling all the way down to the bottom of this copypasta! :D
~~~~~~
Delirium

Post by Delirium »

I made it through the night. In a fog. I wanted to let anyone who read this know. And I wanted to apologize for it. I am embarrassed and I'm sorry.

I've been cycling badly the last week or so and I guess it caught up with me. I've never made an attempt. And I'm not sure what I did last night was one. I just wanted to escape. My wife and I have been at ends. I'm confused about things in my life, namely my job. We just had twins.

And I've been fighting against this crap for a long time. And things don't seem better. I see a psychologist AND a psychiatrist and am on daily medications.

I'm just lost. And sad. When I was a little boy this isn't what I thought my life would be like.
manuel_moe_g

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Even though it seems things don't get better, Delirium, it does get better by breaking down problems into small steps and small parts and applying healthy thinking techniques to those small things.

So it gets better in small steps, and it gets better slowly. The habitual thinking from depression and anxiety is faulty. Taking steps to use healthy thinking techniques lets one slowly climb out of the hole.

Practice being the loving parent to the little boy inside you who is overwhelmed and confused.

Thanks for checking back in. You have nothing to be ashamed of, you were overwhelmed with pain and suffering. Please take care. It really does get better and you are not alone.
~~~~~~
YLC2525

Post by YLC2525 »

Hi Delirium,

Just wanted to say I am thinking of you. I relate to your pain, and I'm so sorry. I too know what it feels like to be weary in your soul and unable
to see hope. I'll tell you what I'm holding on to -- the certainty that nothing stays the same, everything changes. You will not remain permenantly
right where you are, that is the only thing for which we can both be certain.

I imagine that that's little comfort for you, because even my firm knoweledge of that fact does not keep me warm at night, either. If we are anything
alike (and I believe that we are) your brain didn't invite in the idea that the changes that will inevitably come could possibly be positive. Oh no, our
brain can not fathom such a thing right now, am I right?

God I wish I had the answers. But here's what I read in your message. You're dealing with some employment trouble and that's causing you some real
distress. I know that sucks, in a whole lot of ways, I'm there too - but remember, that is not permenant. You have new twin babies! Oh my God you must be exhausted and overwhelmed ---what a huge life change! You and your wife are both adjusting and juggling and redefining - this is a very trying and
emotional time for you both. I mean, WOW. Delirum, it won't be like this forever, a new stride and cadence will emerge.

I'll be wishing for you (and for me) lighter days to come.
ScottMentalPod

Post by ScottMentalPod »

Ya. The first baby year is rough. The Mom focuses all her attention on the kids, which leaves you feeling alone. Life and marriage gets much better after that. Just hang in there. Lightly remind Mom that you also need some attention. Go on a date night as soon as possible. Try to go out alone together twice a month or more. It is a time to remind each other life will get better in the future and it something to look forward to.

Solid sleep, constant is amazingly important to your "recovery". Consumer reports recommends Bynadryl. It's cheap and pretty safe. My other recommendations (with no sciencetific evidence) are: fish oil, B12, baby asprin, polized sunglasses, and a low stress life style.

My guess is you're young. I promise life will get better. Your brain keeps developing and you get a better understanding of your physiology. Overtime you figure out what works and what doesn't work.
Zoidberg

Post by Zoidberg »

Hi Delirium I hope you're OK, I've felt the same as you before, my life didn't turn out how I'd hoped but all you can do is try and make it better. Focus on the kids, imagine how bad it would be for the twins having to grow up with you gone. Things will get better, trust me.
I sure that testo-max will help you.

Return to “Depression - BiPolar”