I feel suicidal when...

Share about body image related issues. To share about physical struggles, i.e. pain, exhaustion, disabilities etc go to the "Physical Struggles" subforum.
Jitterz
Issues: Anxiety, panic disorder, ADD, body image, and depression
preferred pronoun: She

I feel suicidal when...

Post by Jitterz »

Sometimes I fantasize about killing myself when I see other women who are extremely beautiful, have perfect long hair, and have a pretty face. Sometimes I hate myself because of the way I look. I don't know if there is an underlying issue that goes deeper than just my looks that I'm unaware of, I know I'm not ugly but why do I feel this way?...
"I am trying-I am trying to explore my unconscious wishes and fears, trying to lift the barrier of repression, of self-deception, that controls my everyday self." ~Sylvia Plath
fifthsonata

Re: I feel suicidal when...

Post by fifthsonata »

Often times we project on to something tangible (like appearance) when we can't quite put a name or any explanation to inner turmoil. It's easier to control than that wave of self-doubt, anger, hatred...
Beany Boo
Issues: Risk averse, conversation difficulty, relationship difficulty
preferred pronoun: He/him

Re: I feel suicidal when...

Post by Beany Boo »

It sounds like a powerful envy has taken control of you. Feelings are horrible when you realise they exist and you desperately don’t want them; and not easy to let go of, for fear of losing things and people that are somehow associated to the feeling. Please trust that you can let go and the autonomy you gain eventually will be more than worth it.

Let me be clear though that if it is envy you're feeling; it doesn't affect or bother me.
Mr (blue) B. Boo

‘Out of nowhere the mind comes forth.’ - Zen koan

‘Let go or be dragged.’ - Zen proverb

‘Knowing how to yield is strength.’ - Laozi

Return to “Body Image”