Humiliating Moments

Share about body image related issues. To share about physical struggles, i.e. pain, exhaustion, disabilities etc go to the "Physical Struggles" subforum.
Cheesehead

Re: Humiliating Moments

Post by Cheesehead »

When I was 7 months pregnant 3 years ago, I pulled into one of those reserved spots for expecting/new moms since I was qualified for the spot. Yet there was that little voice inside my head telling me not to use the spot because I was still fat and shouldn't be so lazy by using a close spot because there might be a skinny, pregnant woman who really deserved the spot more than me, but I was just running in to pick up a prescription quick so I should go ahead and just use it. As I was getting out of my car this older woman walked past to the car next to me and as she was opening the door to her car she said, "You don't look pregnant." She quickly got in her car and left. I was literally just standing there with my mouth open speechless. It had been a while since a stranger had made a fat comment to my face. I felt so humiliated, hurt and angry. I so wanted to be able to find out who this woman was and let her know just how much her comment hurt me and will continue to for a long time. I wanted so badly to be able to call her out in front of others to teach her a lesson about how much that snotty little comment that she had probably already forgotten about with be staying with me forever.
Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!
Cheesehead

Post by Cheesehead »

If you never had control of your body what then?

ghughes1980

Not a good question to ask a control freak like myself!
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

I remember a bully (shorter than me btw) pushing my sister in water, and then pushing me in water, and I just took it. So humiliating.

Could never do a pull-up.

Can not throw or bat a softball to save my life.

Virgin and on top of it dateless until age 25.

I had an external locus of control until age of 25, and now at age 42 still working to maintain an internal locus of control. Not ashamed about that, but this key perspective is what I would communicate to my younger self, if I had the opportunity to try to save my younger self a lot of pain.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
heathen1981

Post by heathen1981 »

I'm a big guy (6'3", 330lbs) and I went back to college to get a degree. I have to take a Health and Wellness class to graduate. I'm taking the class now, and last week we had our initial fitness testing.

I couldn't do a single pushup or situp. I felt like such a loser. I know I'm unfit, but I was blissful in the fact that I didn't have evidence of my unfitness. It was thrust into my face this week. The worst part is that I don't want to improve.
Cheesehead

Post by Cheesehead »

Gotta love being completely out of shape and feeling like you have a good handle on how out of shape you are, but then taken by surprise...and usually in front of others...on how much more badly out of shape you are than you thought. Always loved doing the mile run during elementary school gym class and always having the entire class standing there waiting for me to finish.
UnashamedAndAshamed

Post by UnashamedAndAshamed »

heathen1981: whaaaa?? What kind of bull**** requirement is that to graduate??? Is that what everyone has to go through these days?

Sue them.

Return to “Body Image”