Top of underwear/pants folded in half and the like

Share about body image related issues. To share about physical struggles, i.e. pain, exhaustion, disabilities etc go to the "Physical Struggles" subforum.
gfyourself
Issues: Emotional eating, dysthymia, anxiety

Re: Top of underwear/pants folded in half and the like

Post by gfyourself »

A radio commercial had a guy giving a testimonial about a weight loss program. I'm the same height as that guy. I weigh 30 lbs more than him. Than the before weight! (I know that's not as serious as some of the others listed but I hope we can all blow off a bit of steam and have some fun sharing).
tangledlaces

Post by tangledlaces »

You totally can patch those inner thigh holes, but it takes some work and a couple of patches. (sigh yes I've had this problem enough that I've worked this out.) You get a large iron on and turn the jeans inside out. I generally get one of the 4x4 squares and use it to cover the hole entirely from the inside. This gives the surrounding fabric more support. Then turn the jeans back right side out and cut out any loose strings. Then use a smaller patch to mask the hole from the exterior view. It works pretty well, and if you need a larger interior patch just buy a yard of denim and some iron on transfer sheets, then cut to size.

Anyhow, I've struggled w/weight due to depression and comfort eating. I hate buying new jeans when I don't have to cause trying on clothes just sucks.
gfyourself
Issues: Emotional eating, dysthymia, anxiety

Post by gfyourself »

Yes, I hate trying on new clothes as well! I delay as long as possible.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Sitting on the bed, the sliding closet doors are floor to ceiling mirrors, from the side I look like I swallowed a medicine ball
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Churble

Post by Churble »

Yeah, my sister (a tiny former gymnast) refuses to stay at my house because the only mirror I have is the tiny one on the medicine cabinet that's just big enough to see your face in, but that's about it. She can't believe I wouldn't have a full length mirror.
If there is one thing the history of evolution has taught us it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously, but, well, there it is. Life finds a way.
Cheldoll
Issues: Depression, anxiety, anorexia, sexually abused
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Cheldoll »

I seriously want to cry whenever I have to buy new jeans -- women's pants sizes are totally stupid and non-standardized like men's and I know this, but my eyes well up when I have to get a bigger size. Fucking department stores.
xoxo,
Chel

" Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do,
care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them.
You are not alone. " — Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
Churble

Post by Churble »

There really should be some sort of consistency, since so much stress is put on pant size, it'd be nice if it stayed the same. Hell, I've had two pairs of jeans of the exact same brand but the size isn't consistent between shades of blue. I'm a full size bigger in a darker wash? How does that make sense?
If there is one thing the history of evolution has taught us it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously, but, well, there it is. Life finds a way.
MizLzie

Post by MizLzie »

May sound strange but I have to credit "What Not to Wear" with helping me with the "size" issue. I still get bummed out when I grab an XL shirt and it doesn't fit, but my brain is now able to just grab all the sizes around my "usual" size and try them on. I still get upset, but I forcible tell myself. "I'm not the problem, the clothes are the problem" And if I find a store or brand that seems to work, I stick with it. I also prepare myself mentally when I go shopping (which is rare). "I am trying on clothes and it will get frustrating, but it's not ME that has the problem"

Coming from a very short, "well endowed", and "pudgy" girl. So NOTHING fits me properly. :)

I hope this helps at least a little bit.
Pigeon

Post by Pigeon »

There is always the lovely sound corduroys make when your thighs rub together. One of the reasons I don't wear them!
Oh god, Cheesehead I laughed so hard when I read that because I have sooo been there! My one pair of cord pants didn't last long for that very reason.

As for thigh erosion, I once held out too long with a pair of pants that had some serious crotch integrity issues. One day I stood up and heard the most horrific ripping sound and felt a lovely but disturbing breeze in my nethers. I giant hole had ripped between my legs. I was at school but luckily it was at the end of the day and I was in a low populated area. I was able to get home discretely if uncomfortably. Ugh so embarrassing.

Does anyone have issues with ingrown hairs? I get them often in the waistband area of my belly which of course, sucks, because they're painful and get super irritated by tight waistbands. I assume they're caused by said tight waistbands :/
Just breathe.
MaryannZenter

Post by MaryannZenter »

Hey, why do you hate trying new clothes? In fact I am always excited trying new stuffs and giving a thought how would I look getting those stuffs.
Wholesale Underwear Suppliers offers best deals of underwear's.

Return to “Body Image”