What's the most random thing you've eaten?

Share about body image related issues. To share about physical struggles, i.e. pain, exhaustion, disabilities etc go to the "Physical Struggles" subforum.
Kittieface

What's the most random thing you've eaten?

Post by Kittieface »

I was sitting in bed yesterday eating Nori. Because I didn't want to cook.. Actually. Liar. I did. I ate fish.. and salad.
And I was still hungry and I had nothing ready to go in the pantry. So I grabbed the left over Nori and just sat there and ate that.

And I remembered all the stupid, gross food I've fed myself in an attempt to keep feeding my face.

I think my worst offender is the Minute Rice with Kraft cheese in it. It only took about 5 minutes to make enough food for 6 people. I could just sit there and eat it till my eyes crossed.

For the record, neither Minute Rice or Kraft cheese are allowed my in house anymore...

I was wondering, what's the weirdest thing you've eaten...?
--So Long And Thanks For All The Fish--
shanarchy

Re: What's the most random thing you've eaten?

Post by shanarchy »

Editing my post. I didn't read the subject correctly, don't have an answer either.
Last edited by shanarchy on July 18th, 2013, 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Shanarchy

"You are more talented than you think, more beautiful than you know, and more loved than you can imagine." ~Kandee Johnson
oak

Post by oak »

Great to see you posting, kittieface.

The weirdest shit I ever ate was hot cocoa and Cheerios for a week, because at the time I was unemployed. After a week of near starving, I gained mental clarity, although when I had the chance to eat again, I had to use "logic" to convince myself that it is good to eat.

(Off topic rant: Thanks, underearning, for that shitty experience! You sure know how to suck the joy out of my life.)

It is not uncommon for me to eat meat that might be a little bad. I also see expiration dates as suggestions.

One thing I don't mess with: spoiled milk. I had to learn that the hard way.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
oak

Post by oak »

Forgot this:

Since I got sober I love rich, sugary goodness.

I will eat an entire bag of marshmallows straight from the bag in about three days. (I like them to get stale, but I always eat them before that happens.)

I will also eat an entire can of cake frosting straight from the can. This takes a week or two, and I am always sorry to see each can empty. I get emotionally attached to each can, weird as that sounds to type.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Kittieface

Post by Kittieface »

Oh man... You've topped me.

For a while I would come home from work and get really high and eat plain bagels and a brick of cheese. Like, I didn't put the cheese into the bagels. I'd just kind bite the cheese, bite the bagel. My ex would get mad cuz he said, "All you ever do is eat ingredients" LOL!

Nutella sandwiches. Actually as a teenager I'd eat entire jars of Nutella with a spoon. I'd be plopped in front of my PC. And then I'd be all surprised because I lost weight at that point. To which someone told me it's cuz I was starving myself by only eating Nutella. In retrospect they may be right.

I did the marshmallow thing as a kid. I used to also get a kick out of microwaving them, so they became MASSIVE and then eating a big, burnt puffy ball of air. They'd pop instantly when you opened the door to the microwave.
weary

Post by weary »

And here I thought I was the only one who used marshmallows as an antidepressant. Be sure to stock up this time of year while you can still get the great big ones for Smores!

Like oak, I tend for the sweet and sugary in general. I used to have a pretty serious Coca-Cola habit that I have since severely attenuated. I used to eat a lot of Pop-Tarts. You know, once you open the foil, you kind of have to eat both of them, or the second one will just get stale.

But I guess if your question was about the most random...
We would occasionally get the soft flour tortillas that are in the dairy case, and add a little shredded cheese and nuke them for 10 seconds... instant quesadilla. That's not the random part.
At some point, we realized that we could just unwrap a piece of string cheese and wrap it up in the tortilla and nuke it for 10 seconds... instant quesadilla, though with the wrong kind of cheese. That is also not yet the random part.
The pinnacle of this achievement (which my wife still rolls her eyes at), involves going to the fridge, getting out the string cheese and tortilla, unwrapping the string cheese, rolling it up in the tortilla, and just eating it... without heating it, melting the cheese, etc. String cheese wrapped in flour tortilla. That is the most random thing I have eaten.
Kittieface

Post by Kittieface »

That sounds like something I'd do!

My sweet tooth took a break because whenever I eat sugar I hate my life almost immediately. So I had to give up a large majority of sweets. Especially gummie candy.. I can't even convince myself it's a good idea to eat those anymore lol. I still have a serious weakness for cake though. I avoid it because my will power tends to take a nap when it's around.

Thanks for sharing all your weird impulse foods with me!

And whatever it was that shanarchy ate lol. What nationality of food is that?
Kittieface

Post by Kittieface »

OH! I remembered another one...
I used to eat candy sprinkles... Like the ones you put on cakes. The little ball ones.

I used to just down sprinkles...
Cheesehead

Post by Cheesehead »

Pickles; butter; sliced cheese melted/cooked/burnt in a fry pan; honey, frosting, or brown sugar by the spoonful...any frosting in my fridge doesn't have a chance to make it longer than 2-3 days; garlic salt; frozen pie dough...that's all I can think of right now.
Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!
fifthsonata

Post by fifthsonata »

As someone with an eating disorder....well, this can be triggering for those of you who are ill. I'll change the color of the font so others with EDs can ignore the post and ones who are actually curious can highlight it.

....I eat things I'm allergic to so I can make myself sick. I stop right before I know I've eaten enough to cause my throat to swell shut. I puke violently, not intentionally, well before that happens. You never know the day my body might skip that, though.

....when I'm in a binge and purge mode, I will try to sabotage the food I have so I don't keep eating. I spray it with cleaners, hairspray, whatever's closest, so I can't eat it. Then I throw it away. I've eaten some things anyway and got violently ill.

....weird ass food combinations. You never want to eat certain things when you're "healthy," but when you're not, you want the weirdest shit....for the longest time I would eat mustard using a carrot as a spoon.

Return to “Body Image”