My body reacting to emotional stress? sick a lot lately...

Share about body image related issues. To share about physical struggles, i.e. pain, exhaustion, disabilities etc go to the "Physical Struggles" subforum.
SunWorshipper

My body reacting to emotional stress? sick a lot lately...

Post by SunWorshipper »

I have had soooo many things wrong with my body lately. I broke out in itchy bumps that my doctor could not even diagnose... blood tests showed nothing, sore throat, sore-to-the-touch lower arms (muscle areas) both eyes are sore (one showed bleeding at my last eye appointment, must get that looked at more...) then I had a weird episode where I thought I was having detached retinas or a stroke... both eyes had silvery crescent shapes creeping into vision and blocking vision as the hour went on. It just disappeared. In ER, no problems found.
My shoulder has been sore for a year. I am limping because my left heel is too sore to step on. I have a spot on the top of my right foot where it feels like someone dropped a brick on it. Recently complained of pinworms and nothing was found. they gave me the drug anyway and it stopped itching. I wake up with a sore back and ribs each morning. I have tried different beds and positions. what the heck?
I am beginning to worry that I am turning into a hypochondriac, but since I recognize that fact and worry about it, I do not think that is the case. I truly have these issues. So I am thinking that my intense stress and mental health issues (multiple) are wreaking havoc on my body.
any one else have such experiences or input? thanks!!
:cry:
ghughes1980
Issues: Physical disability, mental disability, depression, anxiety, PTSD
preferred pronoun: He

Re: My body reacting to emotional stress? sick a lot lately.

Post by ghughes1980 »

Get a referral to an internist rather than your GP or a clinic. They will take a different type of history and maybe they can suggest better treatment options.
anymomentinthewoods
Issues: bipolar disorder II, OCD, anxiety, depression, loneliness
preferred pronoun: she

Re: My body reacting to emotional stress? sick a lot lately.

Post by anymomentinthewoods »

I second going to an internist. It could be stress causing some of those but it could also be something that the doctors aren't picking up on. :( Take care and I hope you get some answers soon.

Return to “Body Image”