Religious Transitions - Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
mentalfraud

Religious Transitions - Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses

Post by mentalfraud »

I've listened to Paul's podcast since early on and support the show. I'm a huge believer in what he's doing, and what everyone does here and elsewhere when they share the painful things in their lives so that they can not only get help, but also so that they can help others. I wrote to Paul a while back about sharing my story because I think it could help others going through a similar thing. I left my religion behind and it had dire consequences, but it also brought a beautiful freedom to my life and that of my wife. I know that there are ex-JW specific forums out there like the one that I posted this on initially, but there also may be people right here on this forum going through the same, or similar things. I hope this helps someone and wanted to share it here too.

Be forewarned, it isn't a short read, but it isn't a two hour long podcast either. ;) It may be that nobody identifies with this story now but two years down the road someone that felt like I did as JW or maybe someone of another faith that feels equally trapped takes solace in our story. It's worth it to put this up here just in case it helps.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5 ... -witnesses

I will update a little bit and let you know that my wife and I are doing absolutely wonderful, better than we ever have in our lives. Yes, we both lost our families and are starting over in our late 30's, but we have gained so many new relationships. We've had families take us in for their Thanksgiving celebrations and welcome us with open arms. There is a beautiful world of people out there that we were kept from our entire lives while isolated in the religion and we're finding people so much more loving and accepting than all of the people that now shun us.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Religious Transitions - Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Congratulations!
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “Trauma/Abuse/Violation”