Having no sense of core worth after a lifetime of bullying

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Having no sense of core worth after a lifetime of bullyi

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Our current US president is devoid of core worth. Neufena, on the other hand, has worth. :lol:

Neufena has worth that he cannot see, but we can see. I hate the people who bullied you into thinking you have no core worth. Please take care.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
bigeekgirl
Issues: depression/anxiety. co-dependence, disordered eating/using food to cope
preferred pronoun: she

Post by bigeekgirl »

I only know the value you bring here and it is value. I also know you love your daughter. You don't have to be perfect as long as you accept her for what she is. Your father didn't deserve you.
neufena
Issues: Self worth, anxiety, being a failure.

Post by neufena »

Thanks, It really is amazing that 2 people from halfway across the world can be so kind to me.

I hope one day I can see my worth, maybe I have got some somewhere I just find it hard to see and expect all of the rest of the world to dismiss me because I'm not successful, or an artist, poet, writer etc. I always said I really want help to become accepting of myself as a loser, that's all.
bigeekgirl
Issues: depression/anxiety. co-dependence, disordered eating/using food to cope
preferred pronoun: she

Post by bigeekgirl »

Well, I am a bit of an Anglophile. ;-)
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Good, short podcast on what self-love really means

https://starburns.audio/podcasts/pen-pa ... niel-rory/ Teaser Episode 1: RE: Self Love

basically, you don't love somebody else because they are perfect, you love somebody else because of a combination of good and bad and mixed qualities - and that also applies to yourself, perfection is not the standard for self-love

You may be not able to see it, but we see good qualities in you, Neufena. Don't let your bad and mixed qualities to erroneously deny yourself self-love.
Neufena wrote:expect all of the rest of the world to dismiss me because I'm not successful, or an artist, poet, writer etc. I always said I really want help to become accepting of myself as a loser
Speaking from experience, during the last 3 years I have really radically downgraded my opinion of myself, based on objective evidence. I now realize that if I was going to do great things, I would have already started on them, and have stopped fooling myself. It is a painful realization, but it doesn't stop me from self-love. I now see that my life's worth is from what I offer to those closest to me.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
neufena
Issues: Self worth, anxiety, being a failure.

Post by neufena »

Thanks, I'll listen to the podcast tomorrow. I'll also try to downgrade my opinion even further. Right now just doing anything even remotely worthwhile would be a win. It's made extra hard when.my girlfriend and bandages are so talented and charismatic. Makes it even more obvious how much of a loser I am.

Return to “Trauma/Abuse/Violation”