The nightmares are the worst

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Darth
Issues: Anxiety, Depression, PTSD, Bipolar Disorder,
preferred pronoun: She/Her

The nightmares are the worst

Post by Darth »

Hi All -
I have been in therapy for about 8 years now and have had a lot of EMDR sessions. That being said, I haven't done EMDR in about 3 years. So I am meeting with a new therapist and tell him a piece of my trauma history. It's always hard telling someone your story for the first time, but this time for whatever reason was a trigger. During EMDR I had nightmares for about 3 days after a session and I had a session once a week, so my nightmares were pretty regular. Before EMDR I had nightmares too, but I forgot how jarring those nightmares were. After this trigger, I had a nightmare. It was a nightmare about my abuser confronting me. Telling me everything was ok and I didn't have to worry about anything. That's not the hard part for me. The bad part is that I said "ok". I didn't correct him, I didn't say anything, In fact, I blushed. We were on a Ferris Wheel like it was a first date. I know my brain is processing something and I know that I will come out the other side a little bit better. But I truly did forget how horrible the dreams were.

Stay Safe Friends,
Darth
Fragile not like a flower but like a bomb.
Heatherwantspeace
preferred pronoun: she

Re: The nightmares are the worst

Post by Heatherwantspeace »

Darth, my heart leaped with empathy, love and support reading this. You are doing great work.
I'm glad you have enough experience to know you will come out the other side of this another layer removed. I think that's what keeps us going.
Hugs if want them.
Heather

Return to “Trauma/Abuse/Violation”