California Child Victims Act

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

California Child Victims Act

Post by rivergirl »

I don't want to make more of this than it really is. I made the decision a couple of years ago when this Act was passed not to pursue legal action against the man who abused me when I was a high school student. But the past week or so I've been aware that the window is closing today. I just wish that someone had protected me, that's all.
oak

Re: California Child Victims Act

Post by oak »

Well said.

I typed out a bunch of stuff about my own, eerily-similar experience.

Suffice to say there is no justice.

Edit to add:

Feel free to answer this or not: have you considered pursuing the matter while the opportunity remains?
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

I just wish that someone had protected me, that's all.
I do too. I'm sorry.
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

The thought of seeing my abuser makes my insides turn inside out. The thoughts of seeing any abuser for that matter. The sad fact is many get away with it. Boundaries were different back in the day and the acknowledgment of abuse was pathetic. Police systems, politics, follow ups and investigations were so different to now also.

For my own mental health I needed to use my inner anger and power to change my thought patterns, my body and my actions. Without that abuse I wouldn’t be the person I am today. The blame I put on my abuser I transferred it towards my mother. Sadly this caused a big rift, never to be repaired. I blamed everyone including myself but never the abuser. Until I came across mental health happy hour.
Once I learnt more about others whom went through similar abuse my blame shifted back to the abuser. However the ping pong effect of blaming everyone else around me still happens.

I honestly wish someone protected you, I also wished someone protected me but again I can’t change this situation. So take that energy and fire within you and put it into something that ignites passion in you. Only you will know what that is. It is not always the same thing every month or year. As I age I reflect back on my past coping tools, art, climbing, walks, jogs, runs, biking, working with animals, geocaching and cooking.

You are a beautiful person rivergirl. We are not all perfect, I used to think I was damaged goods but now I think I’m damaged but managing the cracks.
oak

Post by oak »

Well said, Mental Fairy.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Beany Boo
Issues: Risk averse, conversation difficulty, relationship difficulty
preferred pronoun: He/him

Post by Beany Boo »

I’m sorry that the date has passed rg.
Mr (blue) B. Boo

‘Out of nowhere the mind comes forth.’ - Zen koan

‘Let go or be dragged.’ - Zen proverb

‘Knowing how to yield is strength.’ - Laozi

Return to “Trauma/Abuse/Violation”