Do I need to say it or am I torturing myself?

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Do I need to say it or am I torturing myself?

Post by manuel_moe_g »

You deserve peace from your suffering, and you deserve to have accomplishments and wonderful experiences, so nobody can lay a trip on you that your pain is not severe enough - it is _your_ pain, and you deserve help from those who can help and you deserve to have them honor your pain. I hope that you get the help you deserve, because even if you falter in loving yourself, I will not hesitate to love a human being and wish that you as a human being get the help you deserve. Please take care, Wren. Like you said, Fuck the scorecard.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Wren

Post by Wren »

So thanks to this forum, Manuel_Moe, and Vonnesky, and others, and thanks to Paul and Dr. Zucker, I've decided it's time to dig this shit up for real and deal with it. Getting out on here was a great first step I think. Today I called a local center that offers free help to sexual abuse victims. I've never put that label on myself but who knew? Maybe now that I can start looking at my past more honestly I can start healing pain I didn't even realize I had accrued.
Might not hear back from the center until Monday but I feel good today and I'm glad I'm doing something. Even if it's incredibly uncomfortable. Listening to that second episode Dr. Zucker was a guest on really helped clear things up for me. Wow. Maybe I am stronger than I've given myself credit for. go me!
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Go You, Wren! I love to hear you are taking steps to love yourself in the best possible way.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “Trauma/Abuse/Violation”