Video on what Borderline feels like

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Mindful Mel
Issues: BPD, cutting, generalized anxiety disorder and nightmare disorder
preferred pronoun: She

Video on what Borderline feels like

Post by Mindful Mel »

This was such an accurate portrayal of what BPD feels like. Sometimes it hard to put into words so I wanted to share.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rZdjbLFPr ... e=youtu.be
HowDidIGetHere
Issues: Bipolar II, Borderline/Avoidant Personality Disorder, child abuse/neglect
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Video on what Borderline feels like

Post by HowDidIGetHere »

Wow. That was definitely too close for comfort. What I found especially hard as I watched was thinking about what it's been like for my partner to be around me all this time. The number of times she's had to hide all the knives in the house or the look on her face when she sees the scars on my wrist and arm.

Phew. Hard.
'The field “Issues” is too long, a maximum of 80 characters is allowed.' Wow. Totally outed by a message board.

WTF Just Happened?—a new web magazine on coming out as mentally ill.
Mosesvampslayer
Issues: Bipolar, PTSD, Misophonia
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Video on what Borderline feels like

Post by Mosesvampslayer »

Wow that was extremely powerful! The tears just punched me in the face. I've been trying to differentiate between bipolar and borderline and this really explains how I feel so much. I'm new to therapy and don't have the words to explain anything in my head all I know is it's chaos and nonsense and sort of like dissociating at times. Inexplicable mood swings. The tiniest thing being a trigger makes so much sense. And the self abuse when it doesn't make sense and I think it's something I should be able to control. Holy fuck. Thanks for the share!

Return to “Borderline Personality Disorder/Emotional Disregulation Disorder”