Loveless, sexless, and affectionless marriage

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
meh
Issues: Bipolar, depression, general all around ick
preferred pronoun: That

Loveless, sexless, and affectionless marriage

Post by meh »

The subject says it all. It's been months since we even touched each other. It's been almost a year since we last had sex. I'm so starved for just a bit of physical affection. A kiss, a hug, anything. She says that part is over. She's put up with my bipolar shit for 20 years and now she's done.

I am just starving right now.

Rant over...
"Of course you have an active inner life, you're bipolar"
my therapist.
oak

Re: Loveless, sexless, and affectionless marriage

Post by oak »

Thanks for sharing! I am glad you are using your words.

That is a tough situation. Dan Savage has discussed this. You may want to google him re that.

It may be time for some tough decisions. Someone is going to get (or stay or both) hurt. Good luck.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Silentbutdeadly
Issues: Acoa, emoti incest, sibling schizoph and suicide, divorce, hpv. In that order.
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Loveless, sexless, and affectionless marriage

Post by Silentbutdeadly »

I second that emotion. "That part is over" to a sexual being means we are toast. Kids? What part of your bipolar is "shit" (your word) (so you don't repeat choosing someone who negates your story, forgive yourself, and present a good map to your next love. Helping my partners know my points of sadness and mixed messages has helped them and me in the past.

Return to “Sexuality”