this is scaring me now

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
stiffupperlip
Issues: ptsd, stress, anxiety, depression
preferred pronoun: he

this is scaring me now

Post by stiffupperlip »

im in deep this time. dont know which, well trodden path, will help me this time. this time has been about 3 weeks. my wife, who also suffers, cried herself to sleep last night, on her birthday, because of my anxiety/depression. my 2 beautiful children and my wife cant bring me back from this one, this time. and if i cant do it for them, who can i do it for? in all the years that ive suffered, ive always managed to keep working and keep it hidden, but this feels different, like a finale. an ending. something crushing my chest and my inner self. its a 3 month wait here in the uk, to see a shrink. i cant afford private. and i cant do this, be like this, for 3 months. i dont think that anyone on here has a magic wand, to help me. im a realist. but can someone HELP ME PLEASE???????????????????????????
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Re: this is scaring me now

Post by brownblob »

Sorry I don't have a magic wand and I don't know about any resources in UK. Just remember that you've found a path out before and as impossible as it seems there will be a path out this time too. I've been in a severe depression the last year and it is just now beginning to lift. I hit points where I questioned if it would ever end. I don't have any answers. I just wanted you to know you are not alone. I also hate to tell you, but you need to make it through for yourself. I know at this point that you don't care about yourself and that sounds stupid, but it needs to be said.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Post by brownblob »

I don't know how things work in UK, but I know how bad you are feeling. Just wondering if going to an emergency room and telling them you had suicidal thoughts would speed up the process of getting meds or seeing a dr. Just a thought.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
SallieMaesBitch
Issues: Dysthymia, general anxiety, hoarding, overeating, cutting, alcoholism, hypomania
preferred pronoun: he

Post by SallieMaesBitch »

I know there are some therapists around the world who work through Skype, that my get you by until you find something local. Also there are a lot of life coaches out there who might not be certified but can be a caring ear. And let us not forget the benefit of groups if you can find them. There are people out there who care, and it's a damn shame it's so hard for us to access them, but I wish you the best of luck finding them.

Return to “Depression - Unipolar (non BiPolar)”