Triggers and support

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
SallieMaesBitch
Issues: Dysthymia, general anxiety, hoarding, overeating, cutting, alcoholism, hypomania
preferred pronoun: he

Triggers and support

Post by SallieMaesBitch »

I just want to give a shoutout to the Mental Illness Happy Hour community for treating each other's issues like mature adults. It's not so everywhere else. In a Facebook group on depression, someone posted asking if other people experienced self-cutting. Post after post people replied that he should have written trigger warning on it. Dozens of posts screaming about triggers and how that post needs deleted, but not one person asked if he was okay! Not one person said they wished they could give him a hug, or asked him what he was experiencing. Of course I understand triggers are very real and whenever possible I do like to warn people if I think something's going to be especially intense as a kindness, but what the hell point is a group to discuss depression if you don't want to, you know, discuss depression. I left a post with the link to this site saying that he should come here where he can actually talk to people who will listen, but the admin deleted my message! I left that group, and hope the poster finds the help he needs somewhere beyond those self-obsessed jerks.
oak

Re: Triggers and support

Post by oak »

Good stuff SMB!

Thanks for sharing.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Cami
Issues: Depression, agorafobia, anxiety about everything, etc
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Triggers and support

Post by Cami »

I think most people who come here, knows that you can talk about anything on your mind here, as long as you do it in a respectful way.

It's what I love about this place. No need to hold back. <3
I'm not suicidal, but I am very pro-coma..

Return to “Depression - Unipolar (non BiPolar)”