I don't know what the fluff to call it

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Imissmysun
Issues: Anxiety, Depression, past trauma healing,
preferred pronoun: she

I don't know what the fluff to call it

Post by Imissmysun »

Its depression or anxiety or stress or - god I don't know but I am recoiling into my shell again - and that means long periods of not communicating or talking I am forcing myself to write this and I feel all kinds of squeamish - like noooo... don't show yourself you will be seen... I am terrified of being seen. But I feel like its not a good thing and I will leave a trail of fire behind me if I keep it up...

For someone who feels so much empathy for others and understands and wants to help others I have zero capacity for my own brain - I am like shut up you 5 pound useless flash ball stop thinking and negatively impacting me with your flighty dumbness - with your insistance on just wandering off and when you come back just being super cruel with the inner judge -

I hate that I space out like all the time - that I feel nothing except that I want to run away and never smile nor do I really feel like I enjoy anything - at least not alone - or in crowds - but I can deal with just one person talking to me at a time one on one - thats great - it just like never happens
Just another messed up chick, who hates her body and face, and voice, and thinks she is useless and her stuff isn't that bad and she should get over it.
-Sarah St. Lunatic
oak

Re: I don't know what the fluff to call it

Post by oak »

Hey! I am glad you took the chance and expressed yourself.

Inasmuch as one can "see" another person via text on the internet, I see you and approve of you. You are Enough.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Post by brownblob »

hi imissmysun
I've spent a lot of my life curled up in my shell. I don't enjoy anything and don't want to have to deal with anyone. I know the frustration of wanting to scream out that "I'm not okay" but at the same time being terrified if anyone might actually see me. I wish I had some great wisdom for you, but I don't. We are just lost people trying to find our way. I hope at some point you can find some healing and a way forward.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
Beany Boo
Issues: Risk averse, conversation difficulty, relationship difficulty
preferred pronoun: He/him

Post by Beany Boo »

You are entitled to feel as horrible as you want. Trust your instincts.
Mr (blue) B. Boo

‘Out of nowhere the mind comes forth.’ - Zen koan

‘Let go or be dragged.’ - Zen proverb

‘Knowing how to yield is strength.’ - Laozi
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by rivergirl »

Just wanted to say that I've missed seeing you on the forum and was worried about you, imissmysun. Totally understand about the shell (I always keep mine close at hand) but I think you're safe here if you want to/need to start venturing out again.
Imissmysun
Issues: Anxiety, Depression, past trauma healing,
preferred pronoun: she

Post by Imissmysun »

Aww thanks I wasn't listening to the pod cast either - it felt so heavy just soaking up all the others out there that hurt - my empathy just runs out and tries to suck up all of the pain and brings it back like a cat bringing death presents - I will go into shut down and just not do anything - but I am getting a little more light in myself bit by bit -

It feels really good to be missed - :)
Just another messed up chick, who hates her body and face, and voice, and thinks she is useless and her stuff isn't that bad and she should get over it.
-Sarah St. Lunatic
Jitterz
Issues: Anxiety, panic disorder, ADD, body image, and depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Jitterz »

I have a migraine so I'll keep this short but you can talk to me any time Ifeel the same way!
"I am trying-I am trying to explore my unconscious wishes and fears, trying to lift the barrier of repression, of self-deception, that controls my everyday self." ~Sylvia Plath

Return to “Depression - Unipolar (non BiPolar)”