How to write a good suicide note?

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
neufena
Issues: Self worth, anxiety, being a failure.
preferred pronoun: he

Re: How to write a good suicide note?

Post by neufena »

MarkS. My intention was very much the same. to explain that I've tried to make myself worthwhile and that nobody else could have saved or fixed me. I'm just broken.

A friend pulled me back from the brink with something she said (totally unintentionally) that gave me the impetus to leave my wife. Can't say I'm totally 'saved' and the note is still in my online storage ready for use at any time.
bigeekgirl
Issues: depression/anxiety. co-dependence, disordered eating/using food to cope
preferred pronoun: she

Post by bigeekgirl »

neufena - (((hugs))) I value your friendship and I'm so sorry for the pain you are in. I hope for all the world that you continue to choose life.
canoehead
Issues: Depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by canoehead »

Those that would read a note weren’t interested enough in life to talk to me. The effort of a note worth writing is more than I’m willing to put out for them.
PS I’m not suicidal, but I’ve thought on the topic.
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Have never seriously considered suicide, thankfully, but I can understand the frame of mind...

On the other hand, when hearing about the many people who have actually done it (Kate Spade, Anthony Bourdain, etc) my first thought is disbelief, and "What the hell did they go and do that for"?!

I have considered making a DVD sampler of my favorite music, with commentary, to be handed out at my funeral. Eclectic range that I've enjoyed - Hard rock, fusion, jazz, ballads, international, etc etc. and what they've meant to me at various times in my life...
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Post by brownblob »

I have never tried writing a note. I do know how it feels to be suicidal and when I hear of someone that has died from this, I feel sympathy for what they must have been going through.
Snoringdog, I have always thought it would be appropriate to just have my ipod play random music at my funeral to really capture who I was, but I know everyone would hate my music and they would just shut it off. Don't intend dying anytime soon anyway.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

That's a good idea, and yes, no rush.

There's a music thread here, maybe we can get it started up again.

:violin: :whistle: :banana-guitar:

Return to “Depression - Unipolar (non BiPolar)”