Stress induced anxiety

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
SoScaredToday
Issues: Depression, anxiety, panic attacks, low self esteem.
preferred pronoun: She

Stress induced anxiety

Post by SoScaredToday »

I feel like my body is starting to shut down. Next Monday is my last day at work but it is fucking killing me. My anxiety is so intense right now, I can barely focus. My mood is changing rapidly from "I'm gonna be okay", to "This is hell and there's no escape." I feel like an incompetent idiot, this job is too much for me and I fucked up everything.

I know this is dramatic but I feel like I'm dying.
Beany Boo
Issues: Risk averse, conversation difficulty, relationship difficulty
preferred pronoun: He/him

Re: Stress induced anxiety

Post by Beany Boo »

It sounds like you are out of your depth. Returning to familiar waters make not happen for a while. Focus on basic things that will keep you steady; food, rest, mini-quests... whatever will keep body and mind together during this deeply unsatisfying ordeal. You need to keep making decisions about the things you can control so that you are somewhat ready when opportunities do arise. This will also interrupt the dying feeling; make some first-response decisions and then keep going. Don't overdo it, you can only control so much. Minimize the suffering but don't block it out. Be realistic, keep your eyes, ears and heart open. You'll get through this, changed, stronger and more knowing.

You're having the fright of your life. Don't be afraid to get help with it.
Mr (blue) B. Boo

‘Out of nowhere the mind comes forth.’ - Zen koan

‘Let go or be dragged.’ - Zen proverb

‘Knowing how to yield is strength.’ - Laozi
SoScaredToday
Issues: Depression, anxiety, panic attacks, low self esteem.
preferred pronoun: She

Post by SoScaredToday »

Thank you for this. I try to "do better" everyday but it's hard, when I feel that depressive thought or anxiety, it really knocks me down. Plus I just switched meds and am going through a huge life change, so that doesn't help.
Not A Cylon

Post by Not A Cylon »

Beany Boo, that was amazing.

SoScaredToday, how are things going now?

Return to “Anxiety”