Dealing with Dizziness. Is it really just anxiety?

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
katersmc
Issues: Panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, depression
preferred pronoun: She

Dealing with Dizziness. Is it really just anxiety?

Post by katersmc »

Hello,
I'm new here and I'm basically just looking for answers and support. I was diagnosed with panic disorder when I was 19. I'm very familiar with panic attacks and know the awful feelings associated with those. I have always felt a little wobbly or dizzy when I get anxious but lately it has gotten to the point where I cannot stand and talk to people without needing to sit down. Same thing if I am waiting in line for something. I feel wobbly and unsteady as if I just stepped off a boat. My toes on my right leg start to fall asleep and I feel as if my legs aren't going to hold me up and I will fall down. I am a school counselor and this has made interactions with parents extremely difficult, especially if they catch me in the hall or in a place where we are standing. Even talking with a co-worker today, which does not make me anxious in the slightest, I felt this wobbly dizziness. My doctor things I might have vertigo but thinks it is all my anxiety. I just don't know what to do anymore. If I can't stand and talk to people, my job is going to be really difficult. Anyone else struggle with this?
oak

Re: Dealing with Dizziness. Is it really just anxiety?

Post by oak »

Yes, I experienced much the same with anxiety. Very possible.

You may want to also keep an eye on your blood sugar/eating. You don’t want to go too long without eating.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim

Return to “Anxiety”