Mental health plan

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Heatherwantspeace
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Mental health plan

Post by Heatherwantspeace »

Thank you Beany Boo, rivergirl, MM, Oak and SD. I appreciate so much being seen and heard.

BB, there is so much truth in what you say. I am very quick to look for signs of rejection to stay "safe". That is the number one thing I'm working on in therapy. My first online session with my therapist went badly so I don't feel like I want to try again, but I really should.

I'm better today, SD. Thanks for checking in. I had a couple days off and my partner and I had dinner "out" on the front lawn which is the kind of silliness I like.
I do try to remind myself "you are feeling that feeling that no one likes you" instead of "no one likes me" but you know, baby steps. Sometimes I just need a lifeline until I get there and you all are so great for that.

Hugs to you all!
Heather
potatogrill
Issues: mental issue, stress,
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Mental health plan

Post by potatogrill »

Heatherwantspeace wrote: April 27th, 2020, 8:33 pm Some thoughts on my mental health plan for myself. Please join in with your own thoughts if you have them!

-Realize that all time spent on the internet is going to put thoughts of the virus in my head. Everything is a constant reminder. Limit use accordingly
-Use all connections to others. Even a small connection is a connection and will be meaningful. Now is not the time for pride
-Ask partner to meditate with me daily to keep me on track
-Don't think too far into the future
-Put effort into physical appearance once a week
-Get outside
-See work as a respite and a place of action and order, not a place of fear

Heather
hello!!!! i read all your tips and find it so good. and i apply two of them from couple of weeks. i started yoga meditation with my husband . stop worrying too much about future,and we go for outing every sunday.
http://www.healthline.com/health/depres ... #Overview1
expressive therapy for depression

Return to “Anxiety”