Applying for job. "Not enough": fear.

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
kitkat

Re: Applying for job. "Not enough": fear.

Post by kitkat »

Turns out there's some parts of the job I technically don't have any experience in.
if I get the job I'll do my best to learn and pay close attention to my responsibilties.
There's your answer! An employer can't expect someone to know every aspect of a job, but if you let them know that you are willing to learn and passionate about it, that's all that matters. An employer would rather hire someone that has a willingness to learn and get better than someone who already knows everything but has a bad attitude. Positivity can go a long way. :)

Good luck and hugs for your stress!
Jose

Re: Applying for job. "Not enough": fear.

Post by Jose »

Thanks! I just got home and I have to say it went really well. I only stumbled on one question, when they asked "How would 3 friends describe you?" It wasn't the first time I've heard this asked, so I guess I should have an answer prepared for that. It's also hard for me to talk about my personal attributes, because I don't have a very high self esteem, so when they asked to "Tell them a little about myself" I kind of just talked about what I've been doing for work recently instead of 'who I am' as a person. That will always be a toughy for me, in social or professional settings.

Overall, I don't see myself getting hired for this job, honestly. I'm not a people person, horrible with math, and have never dealt with money, all HUGE aspects of this job ( which I kind of applied for blindly, to tell the truth. ) However, it was a succesful interview. I felt I presented myself well, and they were really easygoing and friendly, filling me in on what exactly my job is, hours and days, etc. It was good practice! I hold out hope for getting called back, but I get the sense that they'll find someone in another interview more qualified than me, and that's all fine and dandy. I'm just glad to have gotten it out of the way, crossed it off my list, and now I can finally relax!! Thanks again for the support kitkat.

Return to “Anxiety”